the 'Merican travelling goodies box

Got the box today.

Opened it and will rework the inventory.

Looks like some items have been removed but no info as to whom took them.

I suspect the Model Gremlins

William G

Also that box may make a few more rounds then It will have to be scrapped for a new one

Also that box may make a few more rounds then It will have to be scrapped for a new one

If it can hold out until it gets to me, I have no problems repackaging it. I have a bunch of boxes that are in really good shape. I'm sure I could find one that could be donated to the cause.

-Dave

Not that I want to rise hell here, but 'MERICAN in the post title reads first hand MEXICAN ....

I stole the "'Merican" tag from a friend of mine. He was arguing with a Canadian pal of his and kept saying "Well, we live in 'Merica" - he was trying to sound more hillbilly than he is. So, since the ARC Canada crowd came up with a traveling goodies box, I decided ours would be the "'Merican" box. :P

That does make sense that someone might glance at it and read the MeXican goodies box.

John

Got the box today.

William G

Glad that it's on the move again. Is the T-38 still in there?

On the Gremlins, I actually put a small Gremlin in the model of a B-17 that I did a few years ago. It was a ceiling hanger that had been rammed by a 109 (straight on through the outer wing). The 109 wing was posed ripped completely off, while the 17's wing was mostly off. Inside the B-17 wing I put a little green Gremlin with the idea that he had been messing with the internal structure of the wing.

John

Got the box today.

William G

The list was updated up until the last guy who had it and remained off here do to air show business. So should be pretty easy to discern what he put in and took out. Although decals are harder cause there's a lot in there.

No T-38. I have one in the stash I can add, But I am not sure if I still have the Kit decals.

Also Datsun74 put a gift in the box (Crisp $20.00 Bill, wow don't have anything to swap with that one)

Adding an Academy/Minicraft (Hasegawa?) F-104 with True Details Canopy details.

Also adding another Italeri Tonka to the mix IDS Black Panthers,

Taking the Academy FW 190A8 and the Matchbox Jaguar.

I will be digging through the stash tomorrow to see if I have anything else to add.

Think I have a Kit to swap for the Raiders Coach too.

More updates tomorrow as I get a day off WOOT!!!

William G

Thanks Will. :)

Sounds good to me Ham. You know though, maybe that's why we accidentally cut ourselves so much. "I'm gonna have a couple beers and then play with razor blades." LOL

Since we are distracted... Anyone else try any of that Wells Banana Bread Beer?

http://thebrewclub.com/2010/04/19/wells-banana-bread-beer/

It's actually pretty decent. For the most part it tastes like a slightly sweet beer (very slight) with a banana bread aftertaste. I know that sounds weird, but I like it.

John

On a more serious note, what should be done with the $20 bill? A couple of ideas I had: I could use it to buy a kit at the shop I work at with my discount to put in the box? Maybe some decal sheets?

While I understand the sentiment behind datsun74 putting the cash in the box, I definitely think we should refrain from putting any more cash in the box going forward.

For the $20 bill, I'd recommend quantity over quality in this case. That way more people could benifit from it, and you could get a variety of things. Something for the 1/144-1/72 crowd, something for the 1/48 crowd, modern, WWII, etc. Decals, PE, good quality paint brushes, Tamiya tape, etc., anything like that would be awesome.

-Dave

Either way (a kit or other stuff), I'm cool.

Jason, is there a clearance bin with a bunch of decals at your shop? That might get us the most bang.

John

No clearance decals currently, but we have a 50% off shelf for kits. Haven't really looked at it much the last week or so, but usually there is a decent selection on that shelf.

Either that or post in the Buy or Sell forum and see who will give the best assortment of things for a crisp 20$.

John that Banana Bread beer has been staring at me for a while at my local Acme. They have it right next to the giant cans of Sapporo that I get and I keep almost picking a bottle up. At 3.99 though it's a steep price to pay for something I'm not sure of. Might have to get one now that I've had a "review".

K

Ok here is the adds to the mix

As above I am adding the Hasegawa T-38 and a Hasegawa F-5A,

Academy/Minicraft (Hasegawa?) F-104 with True Details Canopy details.

Also adding another Italeri Tonka to the mix IDS Black Panthers And there are several small swatches of some film I use for MFD's

Please if you can use one take one and let the rest of the group try them.

Now As I said before I am snagging that Matchbox Jaguar and the Academy FW 190A8, as well as the Two Bobs sheet Too Cool for School A-10's.

I will have this ready to ship your way to Lubbock on Saturday John.

I tried that Banana Nut Bread Beer and it wasn't my cup of hemlock.

Prefer a stout myself.

William G

Edited by William G

Very cool. You wouldn't happen to have a h-34 or a skycrane would you?

heard from Arron today. He's heading to WV on the airshow circuit. Sent this to me on facebook:

"Sorry for late reply. Got the box should have out in week or so. Having wife ship it out. Please update guys."

John

John

I was reading back over the thread and I missed this question. Sorry about that. I don't have those kits, but I have a nice set of resin Vietnam era helicopter crew I will throw in when it get's back around to me.

• SBARC unpinned this topic