Here's one I'm watching

Something smells real fishy on this one folks. Check out the other items and their locations. The SOL set is located in another state.

Makes you wonder about the actual item being real or not.

Edited by Tricose

Something smells real fishy on this one folks. Check out the other items and their locations. The SOL set is located in another state.

Makes you wonder about the actual item being real or not.

Hmm, that is a little odd. All 3 items listed are in New England though in 2 locations 125 miles apart. The Sol set and the 1/16 F-16B/Isracast combo may be his and he's selling the F-4 bundle for a friend. Still cant get over the sticker price though.

Hmmm...but then I guess you have to find your own Tam F-4... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look again, there is one included in the package.

Hmm, that is a little odd. All 3 items listed are in New England though in 2 locations 125 miles apart. The Sol set and the 1/16 F-16B/Isracast combo may be his and he's selling the F-4 bundle for a friend. Still cant get over the sticker price though.

Look again, there is one included in the package.

Glad one of us is awake then! There y'go, not so bad after all... :rofl:

On a serious note, I never heard of Hare Brain Assn or whatever they used to be called. Googled 'em, and found this on Cybermodeler Online:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/details/ce/detail_wha32002.shtml

Not a 1/32 fan, but this is something I could get melted about! Now to re-mortgage all my previous re-mortgages -well, someone has to lead the economic recovery...

It was a spin off from Cutting Edge,they made a few big conversions, I think it was an attempt to bring in as much $$$ as possible before he went tet's up.....

Curt

• 2 weeks later...

- So, I gather from the comments left here that many (or most) of you missed all the controversy that surrounded an acquisition of one of these Phantom Conversion sets. (Although I'm pretty certain that Brian probably knows). Before Cutting Edge (aka Meteor Productions and also Wild Hare Association) closed up, numerous would-be buyers of the Conv set posted complaints online that when they asked MP how much the set cost, they were dealt with poorly or not at all. MP was taking pre-orders on it and many customers didn't care how much it cost and signed up. But many others DID care and apparently many of them could not get a straight answer. Supposedly, they originally sold for $400 to $500. But you could ask 5 guys and get 5 different answers.

- Also, the sales of this Phantom Set, the F-16XL set and several other sets during the months leading up to the closure of MP, were preceded by a rather lengthy online posting by the owner how he was getting fed up with selling all of his other goods at a reasonable price to his customers and then find many of his products on evil-bay and elsewhere at significantly jacked-up prices. He clearly wanted to get a bigger cut of his own pie and was very vocal about it, claiming that he intended to only offer limited releases, let the market drive the price up, and then sell his goods for the jacked-up prices thru outlets like Evil-bay.

- In addition to all of this, many would-be customers of other products posted complaints that the owner had a "black List" of some sort. You could find as many complaints about it online as you would find buyers that had no problems with him. But I guess we'll never really know the complete truth of the matter.

- Every now and then, the owner surfaces on Evil-bay under a different User name, my brother and I believe we have found at least three so far, selling his goodies, and usually without any complaints or problems that we ever saw.

- In closing, the year or so following the closing of MP, these Phantom Conversion sets were selling on Evil-bay for $2000.00 to $3000.00! By those prices, the $1200.00 with a donor Tamiya kit is a steal! And over the past 3 years, that Sol SU-37 conversion kit has been selling for $300.00. I would never pay these prices, but clearly, others have been.