Huey at unknown Fire BAse

My last thread about "1st Dio" recieved 250+ reviews, but only 1 comment.

I doubt that thread will recieve anymore traffic, so I thought I would start another thread.

This is my 1st Dio.

Been at it for about 2 months and consider it about 70% done.

Its a Revelle HOG 1/48 scale on a 24" x 24" base

I would like to have different figures, maybe some Marines in the jungle (on patrol) and some Viet Cong on Ambush. Maybe a sniper or two, some arlillery guys .

I am having trouble finding such figures, and sure could use a little help.

I will probably furnish the bunker (roof is removable) And plan to put eith another Huey, or a OH-6 in flight over the jungle.

This IS a firebase, and everything is dirty, so please dont be too hard on me about the finish on the huey, or the dents in the jeep.

IMG_0281Copy-1.jpg

IMG_0279Copy.jpg

IMG_0278Copy.jpg

IMG_0281Copy.jpg

IMG_0299Copy.jpg

IMG_0298Copy.jpg

IMG_0297Copy.jpg

IMG_0295Copy.jpg

IMG_0295Copy.jpg

IMG_0288Copy.jpg

Edited by prush
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice diorama. Although this is an aviation related forum I have one suggestion for your diorama. Maybe you could make some wheel tracks made by the jeep. Now the jeep in relation to the diorama looks like it's airlifted there ;) without any tracks.

Nevertheless the diorama looks very nice. Much better I could do!

Evert

Very nice diorama. Although this is an aviation related forum I have one suggestion for your diorama. Maybe you could make some wheel tracks made by the jeep. Now the jeep in relation to the diorama looks like it's airlifted there ;) without any tracks.

Nevertheless the diorama looks very nice. Much better I could do!

Evert

I agree.

There are actually several things that need to be done.

I did overlook the tracks, and will either add them or remove the jeep.

The gun emplacement needs some work also.

To ME, the most glaring issue is the roof on the hut..lol

You can still see the plastic sheet used to support the sandbags.

I have shelved this for now, and with correct these things eventually.

I am actually considering tearing the whole thing down and starting from scratch.

thanks for commenting

phil

If I may make a small suggestion if you're going to redo it or do another? Less is more. You don't need the folliage in the top corner, and the bunker isn't necessary either. They are good, but unnecessary as the entire composition gets lost in its size. Cut it down by over 50% and just focus in on the huey... and it will look that much better.

Edited by -Neu-

If I may make a small suggestion if you're going to redo it or do another? Less is more. You don't need the folliage in the top corner, and the bunker isn't necessary either. They are good, but unnecessary as the entire composition gets lost in its size. Cut it down by over 50% and just focus in on the huey... and it will look that much better.

Thanks

I shelved this thing about 2 weeks ago, realizing what a monster I created.

After visiting a local contest, I was struck by how much I was impressed with the "small" dioramas.

My intent now, is to dismantle this monster and use the pad only.

The foilage can be used in other ways.

thanks for the comment.