Well it isn't much, but is a start. The tail sections are glued together, half of the wing is glued together. I taped it together to get an idea of the fit. Did all of this on my breaks and lunch at work, its about the only time I really get to build.

DSCF7100.jpg

Edited by Skirts

Well managed to get some paint on this sucker, bad news is when I went to attach the stick it went flying, it is now lost in the carpet somewhere. I planed on leaving the canopy closed on it anyway. Here is where I am at for the night.

DSCF7101.jpg

DSCF7102.jpg

DSCF7103.jpg

DSCF7104.jpg

Well, I am now at the filler stage. I will only need a little bit because of how the wings were attached to the sprues. On a good note I have another yoke coming. Here is where I am at right now, if I am lucky I might get some paint on it tonight.

DSCF7109.jpg

DSCF7108.jpg

DSCF7107.jpg

The end result is going to be something like this (I hope)

ZOE-14details.jpg

Well after spending my bench time last night at the hobby shop setting up the new Vallejo Model Color rack, I didn't get squat done on the mustang. Tonight on the other hand is a different story. Managed to get her in a primer coat. I am really starting to like acrylic paints.

DSCF7112.jpg

DSCF7111.jpg

got her into her color coat, started to do a sludge wash, waiting on it to dry right now, might have to redo the wash, only time will tell.

DSCF7114.jpg

went and cleaned up the wash some, I don't know why the pics show it grey, but it is really OD

DSCF7117.jpg

Edited by Skirts

Moving right along.

I've lost my fair share of control sticks, and it's no fun. Always seems like an easy enough task to scratch one up, but sometimes the results can be ehh.

It is weird how it looks gray and not OD, maybe a combination of the lighting and camera settings.

well I started doing the decals tonight, next time I will paint the invasion stripes. I had to use a lot of solvaset to get the kit ones to conform. Here is where I am at for the night, more will be done tomorrow.

DSCF7131.jpg

Most of the top colour ones show OD on my monitor & I'll say its looking good. Is this a Vallejo shade you're using for the OD? if so which one? My LHS carries Vallejo & I really like the Model Colour for brush work, not being an airbrusher I haven't tried the Model Air to any extent yet.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...