Since I can't stop (and why should I) I'm starting this one.

Obligs...

dd0d0467.jpg

aed1d4f3.jpg

7de06fcf.jpg

2589c45c.jpg

Pretty sweet kit. Comes with PE, window masks, metal transfers for some of the logos, and a complete sheet of carbon fibre decals with cutout diagram on the back.

I also got this second hand so it came with a Studio 27 detail set for the R-34. Not sure how much of this I'll use since the kit is quite nice in itself and I have another GT-R in the pipes.

Get some alone time (Thank God) tonight so I'm gonna do some air brushing and maybe some other things.

Depends how fast the paint dries.

Been working slowly on this one.

Got the rotors and brakes done.

62da88b6.jpg

Small note, the PE that comes with the kit gives you 4 slotted rotors but they're all the size of the smaller rear rotors. Then the PE included in the Studio 27 set gives you 4 larger sized rotors. So I used the S27 on the fronts and the kit's on the rear. Weird.

78434cf0.jpg

Undertray has had some paint added to the wheel wells. Also the rear gearbox and suspension arms are there. Just touched up some black and will be putting it all together here soon.

Pretty soon here I'm going to start working 11 hour days so I won't be on much nor probably get much time to get things done. But the almighty dollar says I need to do this.

EDIT:: Well that was easy.

ecefb7bc.jpg

There's a slew of CF decals to go on the undertray and also some extra painting needed done to get it ready for the interior. I'll work on that next.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Mock up with the body attached. The body had a few panels attached when I got it and I just finished up putting the hood scoops and side flares on. It's basically ready for paint I just need to go out and get the paint.

0977a985.jpg

6ade4405.jpg

Looks mean!

Yea wish they had some form of tv coverage here.

Well I won't be able to get paint for this probably till end of June. I'll keep building it and paint the body aluminum and then it'll get stored I guess. I need tamiya TS-8 italian red. Can't find a store that has it in stock and it's the same labeling nonsense answer.

Kris sad

Make sure you are comfortable with using the Italian Red, I found it a bit too orange and did some tests and dertermined that Testors red in the square bottle was a closer match, maybe not quite dark enough leaving Model Master Acrilic Guards red as my choice.

I am painting it on the Z though maybe the decals are slightly different in colour so do some testing before you get to the point of applying the paint.

Oh nice job by the way

Edited by Trash

I have the same kit, but in the Calsonic colors, nice build.

Mine got put on hold as... someone...misplaced (lost,threw away) one of my wheels......if you have a spare let me know.

I also have the Calsonic 350Z, and the new GTR.

Curt

I have the same kit, but in the Calsonic colors, nice build.

Mine got put on hold as... someone...misplaced (lost,threw away) one of my wheels......if you have a spare let me know.

I also have the Calsonic 350Z, and the new GTR.

Curt

Yeah I've got the calsonic kit as well. Same thing jut molded in blue. I has to rob it of the little rubbery poly caps that hold the wheels on. Sadly I don't have an extra wheel though. Contact Tamiya USA?

As for the paint situation I have a bottle of mr color Italian re on the way thanks to FlyFort17 and I also ordered the Xanavi Zero Paints set from Hiroboy. Comes with the red and silver so hopefully they'll be accurate.

Works been slow.

Getting there on the interior.

aba327ee.jpg

bcb566c5.jpg

There wwere 7 different CF decals that went on the center console. MicroSol is still working on the last two I put on yesterday.

f74df8b1.jpg

I wanted some depth to the seatbelts and also didn't want to put a gloss cote on the seat to add the decals and then have to flat cote it soooooo I put the decals on some clear plastic sheet I had and then cut them out. I won't be doing this again as it didn't turn out the way I wanted but it is what it is. Still have to add the seat belts.

Fit to the under tray.

68a311c4.jpg

rollcage

58700e5f.jpg

The fit is perfect naturally so it all buttons up quite neatly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it begins....

10d6d68e.jpg

Once again I have to rave about the Zero Paints. They truly are color matched the Xanavi on the roof has the red color around the decal and once put on the roof it comepletely disappeared. You can probably just make out the outlines of it. Very impressed.

1dafcb8b.jpg

There are 15 FIFTEEN! separate decals that make up these hood stripes. A few large ones then all the small ones to go in the vents. She's on hold for a while as the decals set and then I'll give some MicroSol treatments and hopefully get everything nice and paint smooth.

Thanks! I'm liking the way this is turning out big time. Every things being shelved up for a few days. Huge party on memorial day for my youngests 2nd birthday and my step daughters graduation. Should be like 60 people here. Kill me now.

a1067d38.jpg

-Body decals are complete. Went on like a dream. Still need to do another Future coat.

-Masked and painted the windshields. Finishing up the decals that go on them.

-Installed the tail lights.

-Constructed the front grillework. Surprising amount of parts and decals that went here. Needs some more MicroSol and will be ready to install.

-Need to paint the inside of the body some. Not sure but may skip some of it as I always worry about doing anything to the inside after the outside has had decals. Probably just do the inside of the roof and the pillars which I can brush paint all that. The tops of the fender wells will just have to stay undone.

-Still have to do the decals on the wheels and sand the tires. Then they can be constructed.

Getting close.

Well shes done. Will get some pics up once the sun is overhead and I can get some nice outside pics. Seems I can take the best pictures out there.

Here's a teaser...

04e3b9d1.jpg

I'm thinking this is the best auto so far that I've done. I'll definitely take it with me to any shows I go to. It won't win but at least it's presentable.