This one is based at Tulsa international and just a few years back, it was involved in an accident that nearly took the pilots life and totally destroyed the aircraft. I need to get this done for a fly in on Nov 10th that the Mustang should be at.

milliegnoseart.jpg

From what I can tell, only the lower engine area and fuselage under the green is highly polished. The wing appears to be painted silver. The Mustang I finished earlier this year is painted silver and it looks the same.

milliegwingroot-1.jpg

Hey drhornii... what is the significance of this plane? Did you fly it? Maintain it?

The colors look about right. Engines often seem to be polished and with some discoloration from heat, while the wing have painted aluminum.

It should be interesting to see how this turns out... I love tamiya P-51s, no matter the scale.

The current "Millie G" has her gun ports covered.

gunports-1.jpg

A few updates, I wanted to position the oil cooler door in the closed position. I wa a little heavy with the knofe so I had to replace material.

oilcooldoor.jpg

Filled the canopy track hole with a strip of plastic slightly recessed.

canopytrack.jpg

Removed the radio & fuel tank. Preparing for back seat.

mustangcockpit.jpg

Edited by drhornii
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice choice of subject. That high-polish chrome will be a challenge, for sure. Have you considered using a spray can of chrome paint from a hardware store? I have used some on occasion, and it gives a nice high-sheen chrome look, just like the engine underside on this aircraft.

ALF

Nice choice of subject. That high-polish chrome will be a challenge, for sure. Have you considered using a spray can of chrome paint from a hardware store? I have used some on occasion, and it gives a nice high-sheen chrome look, just like the engine underside on this aircraft.

ALF

A couple of nights ago, I sprayed Alclad II "polihed Aluminum" then a few minutes after spraying that, I rubbed in S&J aluminum powder. Looking good but not quite as "shiny" as I would like but not bad. Glad it is just the engine cowling that is highly polished.

Last night I sprayed the olive drab green and in the next few days, the final color, the red demarcation line between the green & polished aluminum. I can't use the decal demarcation line since it did not line up good enough compared to the current day Millie G.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...