Eduard MiG-15 and MiG-15 bis in 72nd

Well, the first of Eduard MiG-15s is now on eBay while they repair the molds. What do you think the final bid will be? More than $100?

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

It seems that he is from Hungary and one of the SBS guys. So he did not like the kit or just wants to make a few quid of it. Well everyone has priorities.

Best regards

Gabor

Please note if you build one in North Korean markings, despite what most references (profiles and decal instruction sheets) will tell you, the DPRKAF did not then, and does not now use upper wing roundels.

True for planes that belonged to Soviet and North Korean units. But Chinese MiGs in Korea also fought under DPRKAF insignias, and they used roundels on upper wings (for some time at least).

Got pics??

I saw a picture of MiG with roundels on upper wing from a Sabre's gun camera. Sorry, I cannot recall the source of it.

I'm pretty sure that MiG was Chinese one as neither Koreans nor Soviet didn't use upper roundels (BTW, VVS didn't use national insignias on upper wing since WWII till 1955). On another hand Chinese planes always wore their stars in six positions.

New information about the "fifteen" in Ed´s bulletine:

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2012/info-eduard-2012-10EN.pdf

It always seems that when you’re on a run of good luck, at some point you need to get real cautious real soon, because it probably means that fate has a 12-gage aimed right between your eyes. Our cursed MiG-15 kit is turning out to be a serious case in point. Over the past several years, we sputtered through a start to the kit, and never managed to reach anything good. Not much point in dwelling on it, I suppose, suffice to say that we were involved in a product originating with a hand-made master intending to finish it off once and for all using a process that we consider obsolete (but were bound to use) and one that has been replaced for its inconsistent results. This was mostly the result of irritating fit issues caused by shifted molds that would inevitably move out of register to some degree or other. My desire to finally finish this project required the use of the older and obsolete technology, which we’ve mothballed and replaced with good reason, and the recent collapse of the project was a painfully logical result. The responsibility for the failure falls squarely on my shoulders, as does the decision of what to do next. The original concept of digitizing the fuselage and wings, and leaving the rest as is, no longer appeals to me. If we are to go that route, it would make sense to redo the other components as well, especially the air intake, the entire nose, not to mention the exhaust, wheel wells.....when you consider that we already have a Brassin seat and wheel set, the leap is just not that big. So, we are on the road that sees us chucking the old kit altogether, and starting from square one. It should come as no surprise that I have had it up to here with the MiG-15 at this point. So, of course, the promise of the new MiG in November no longer is realistic, and I don’t have the timeline set yet, but now I can promise you a MiG-15 to the standard of our 1/72nd Bf 110.
Edited by Tango

I saw a picture of MiG with roundels on upper wing from a Sabre's gun camera. Sorry, I cannot recall the source of it.

I'm pretty sure that MiG was Chinese one as neither Koreans nor Soviet didn't use upper roundels (BTW, VVS didn't use national insignias on upper wing since WWII till 1955). On another hand Chinese planes always wore their stars in six positions.

I suspect you are correct. The PLAAF has always used upper wing insignias. I have never seen even a single photo of any DPRKAF aircraft with them.

• 1 month later...

It seems that he is from Hungary and one of the SBS guys. So he did not like the kit or just wants to make a few quid of it. Well everyone has priorities.

Best regards

Gabor

Szia Gábor!

Actually i had 2 complete boxes, so then i sold one. Anyway i like the kit but will replace when new editon will be launched:-)

Csaba

• 3 months later...