T-45 decal preorders

Now that the Kinetic T-45 kit is shipping; I will enable preorders of my three 1/48 T-45 sheets (CD48023/24/25). These are all currently being printed at Cartograf, and the first one should be available within a couple of weeks. I expect all three to be shipping by mid-November.

As I mentioned before, the first 200 preorders come with a free, Cartograf-printed CoNA (Centennial of Navy Aviation) bonus decal sheet which will allow you to build both CoNA T-45s. If you preorder 2, you get 2; and so on.

I will set up the product pages and the order links as soon as I get home in a few hours; so the links should be active sometime tonight.

Edited by KursadA

Just curious, why aren't you selling the CONA sheet separately?

Thanks for preordering. I'm getting more preorders than I expected; hopefully the pace will pick up as the kit gets closer to these shores.

Coming back to the question-a couple reasons:

- Making the CONA sheet smaller by relying on one of the regular sheets for stencilling decreases the cost by limiting the number of colors and area.

- I would like to increase my direct sales by making the CONA sheet available only to those who preorder/order from me. As many of you who bought decals from me know very well, buying directly from me is pretty hassle-free. I have a very nice setup which allows me to package well, ship quickly and always provide a tracking number. US shipping is always free. Yet I noticed that many of you wait until my decals are available at Sprue Brothers or Hannants has them. I just want to increase my direct sales; hence promotions like the bonus sheet.

- I invested a lot of time and effort in these T-45 sheets, and I want them to sell well. I believe I have designed a very good set of products and want to make them more appealing by throwing in the CoNA sheet for free.

Edited by KursadA
I would like to increase my direct sales by making the CONA sheet available only to those who preorder/order from me. As many of you who bought decals from me know very well, buying directly from me is pretty hassle-free. I have a very nice setup which allows me to package well, ship quickly and always provide a tracking number. US shipping is always free. Yet I noticed that many of you wait until my decals are available at Sprue Brothers or Hannants has them. I just want to increase my direct sales; hence promotions like the bonus sheet.
Thanks for the honest reply.

I have always ordered directly from the Caracal Models website and it is a nice system. Efficient, speedy, convenient, the decals are described and portrayed nicely.

It's interesting that so many buy from other online vendors (though, Hannants I can see for the EU crowd). Perhaps it's just not that many know of the www.caracalmodels.com website?

I invested a lot of time and effort in these T-45 sheets, and I want them to sell well. I believe I have designed a very good set of products and want to make them more appealing by throwing in the CoNA sheet for free.
These do look like very nice sheets. I can't wait to use them. The other sheets are nicely done as well. You always do make a nice product for a fair price, which is why I'm a faithful return customer. :) Edited by dmk0210

I have received close to 40 preorders so far, so I'm sure anyone who preorders in the next two weeks or so will get the bonus sheet. If I have any bonus sheets left over, I will consider making them available for sale separately once the decals are here.

• 2 weeks later...
You always do make a nice product for a fair price, which is why I'm a faithful return customer. :)
I couldn't have said it better my self. I will throw in my .02 that Caracal's direct order is about the easiest I have ever used. I've direct ordered everything in the 1/72 catalog except the reaper sheet and only because they were sold out, and intend to direct order anything else I get from Caracal.

:cheers:

Hi Kursad

Is the T-45 the only sheet I can preorder? I would like to order some of your stuff but no linky. I found the T-45 Part 3 from one of your other posts but how about the F-15?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

The T-45s are an exception, I usually don't enable preorders until the sheet is only 7-10 days away from release. The F-15 sheet is still about 2-3 weeks away. You might want to wait until later, I think there will be enough bonus sheets for a while.

Hi Kursad

Thanks for the reply. I could go preorder the T-45 and if you don't mind holding it until more of your sheets come out that would be great. It would probably make it a bit easier for you shipping wise so you are only doing one package for me instead of several.

Hi Kursad

Thanks for the reply. I could go preorder the T-45 and if you don't mind holding it until more of your sheets come out that would be great. It would probably make it a bit easier for you shipping wise so you are only doing one package for me instead of several.

Sure, that works.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Kursad

Ok I ordered some of your decals. I almost missed doing it since I have been so busy at work. I still missed out on a couple but it looks like SB still has stock. Thanks for having such a great line up.

I have started shipping the T-45 decal sheets. There are a lot of preorders that I will need to ship, so please be patient as I send everything out within the next few days.

All 200 free CoNA sheets have been taken by now; but I have 100 more sheets that I was planning to sell as part of a combo deal later on. I will include these in the deal and extend the free CoNA bonus sheet campaign to the first 300 preorders. So there are still a little less than 100 CoNA sheets available.

The T-45 sheets have certainly been very successful in preorders and early sales. The first reviews/product announcements should be out next week. Hopefully you will like them.

As I mentioned, I have put together a 1/72 T-45 sheet that contains a selection of schemes from these three sheets. It's time to bring out those old Italeri Goshawks and start building them - I will announce the sheet in a few days. A 1/32 version will most certainly come when Kinetic releases the 1/32 Goshawk.

Most of you in the US should have received your T-45 sheets by now(unless you ordered them with the F-15 sheets, which have just started shipping a couple days ago). Let me know what you think. I received some questions about instructions sheet for the bonus CoNA sheet: there will be no printed instruction sheet; there will be a printable PDF instruction sheet at the Web site printed on the bonus sheet.