Fightertown Decals

Good morning everyone. My question is, did something happen to Fightertown Decals? When I first starting using this Forum (about a month ago) I saw Fightertown Decals in the Sponsors' Forums but now I don't see them anymore. And the second reason why I am asking is because I am about to buy a Trumpeter F14-D Tomcat 1:32 scale(looking at my avatar, my favorite fighter jet) and I really like their decals but when I go to their site I see a lot of the F14-D decals are all sold out and I wanted to get the VF 101 Grim Reaper decals. So does anybody know? And does anybody know of a site to get the decals if I need them? Thank you for any info.

No idea why FTD is no longer in the Manufacturer area but if you go to Z-5 he still has a forum there. He hasn't really been on either way so I don't know how good that will be. Someone mentioned he's traveling or something like that. Did you check Sprue Brothers for his decals? I know I've seen several there not too long ago.

Rob

Thanks, I went on eBay and they may have what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info, but I'm still what happened to Fightertown decals. Maybe I'll go to their website and email them and see if I get a response.

I don't think they ever pull any of their listings down after they sell out. Most of these decal companies will run one shot through the presses. Sometimes it'll be 100 sheets, sometimes 1000, depending on how they project that it'll sell. But usually once they're gone, they're gone. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone yet who continued to do reprints of their decal sheets. So it may not have anything to do with them no longer being in business near as much as I think it has to do with them just not updating their site when products are no longer available. Some companies will actually list either a disclaimer stating that once they're sold out, that's it...or they'll post discontinued if they have no intentions on further re-prints in the future. I think they do that to avoid situations just like this. As some of the other folks said though, look around. Between ebay and some of the bigger aftermarket vendors out there, you may still be able to get your hands on an item.

Try Rare Plane Detective (Jeff Garrity)in Las Vegas,NV.Go to rareplanedetective.com and click on decals.

He might have what you are looking for,only problem is you will have to go decal sheet by decal sheet to find them.

It might take awhile to go through what he has in stock.

I don't think they ever pull any of their listings down after they sell out. Most of these decal companies will run one shot through the presses. Sometimes it'll be 100 sheets, sometimes 1000, depending on how they project that it'll sell. But usually once they're gone, they're gone. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone yet who continued to do reprints of their decal sheets. So it may not have anything to do with them no longer being in business near as much as I think it has to do with them just not updating their site when products are no longer available. Some companies will actually list either a disclaimer stating that once they're sold out, that's it...or they'll post discontinued if they have no intentions on further re-prints in the future. I think they do that to avoid situations just like this. As some of the other folks said though, look around. Between ebay and some of the bigger aftermarket vendors out there, you may still be able to get your hands on an item.

This may be the case with some decal companies but this is not the case with Fightertown. I just checked their website and the Grim Reapers sheet in 1/32nd scale is clearly listed as "Sold Out". But one has to consider that there has been a couple of Tomcat models in 1/32nd scale around for several years now.

As far as what has happened to Fightertown's presence here on ARC, I can't explain that. But I can say that they are still in business as I placed an order with Brian less than a week ago and I talked to my wife earlier this evening and she said that I had received a decal package in the mail today. My assumption is that my decal order from Fightertown is waiting for me at my home. So unless something has happened to Brian within the last week, he and Fightertown Decals is very much still in business. I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Been keeping an eye on posts like these:

This has been discussed elsewhere, and the consensus seems to be that fightertown is still around. That said, i'm still waiting on a sheet i ordered in november

Ken, if you did in fact receive the sheet from fightertown in that short a time, can you please let me know here or via PM and i'll contact them again. Thanks

Try Rare Plane Detective (Jeff Garrity)in Las Vegas,NV.Go to rareplanedetective.com and click on decals.

He might have what you are looking for,only problem is you will have to go decal sheet by decal sheet to find them.

It might take awhile to go through what he has in stock.

I live in Vegas but I never thought about checking out his website. I will check that site and thanks for the information.

Brian just posted about his Gypsy Roll sheet a couple of days ago here on ARC (Jets forum) and Z-5 so they're very much still in business. Just an FYI.

Rob

Thank TOPGUN

I just emailed him and I am waiting for a response. Thanks for the info

Ken, if you did in fact receive the sheet from fightertown in that short a time, can you please let me know here or via PM and i'll contact them again. Thanks

Joel,

I did speak too early. The decals that I received over the weekend were not the sets and stuff that I had ordered from Fightertown. I will keep this thread updated as to when I receive the decals. Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

FWIW I saw a 1/32 Fightertown VF-101 Grim reapers sheet sell for about $45 a few weeks ago on ebay. Hope you have better luck getting one cheaper...

Yeah I went to Ebay and it is no longer there.....but thank you anyway. Hopefully I will find it soon.