Bombardier CRJ-900ER 'Estonian Air'

Hey,

I finished my Bombardier/Canadair CRJ-900ER in Estonian Air livery. I flew with this plane from Amsterdam to Tallinn last summer (but back with Ryanair :bandhead2: ). Excellent airline, comfortable aircraft and I experienced a very nice vacation in Estonia.

The kit is made of resin in 1:144th scale from Kurt Lehmann, Authentic Airliners. There's really nothing to say about that kit except that it's excellent.

However, I did replace the solid nose with a nose with transparent cockpit window from the Revell CL604 Challenger kit.

I used the Nazca Decals general stencilling decal sheet for the doors, windows, details etc. and finished it off with my own decals. Most of the livery is masked and done with the airbrush.

estaf4_zps893f1e89.jpg

estaf3_zps3c04f8d3.jpg

estaf5_zps2d503b36.jpg

estaf6_zps814b52e4.jpg

estaf2_zps54957c45.jpg

estaf1_zps7efaa767.jpg

greets Jelle

Thanks for your reactions!!

Did you go see Kiek in de Kok?

Yes! One of the main touristic attractions from Tallinn. The name 'Kiek in de Kök' is from the low germanic language and means 'peek in the kitchen' as you can watch through the kitchen windows of the houses in the downhill part of Tallinn and I liked this name because it looks like Dutch. Kiek in de Kök in Dutch is 'Kijk in de keuken'. Also I found a lot of other words of Dutch/Germanic origin in the Estonian language which are the same in Dutch and Estonian like klooster, kaart (map) and kraan (tap). We decided not to stay in Tallinn for the whole week but to hire a cheap car and drive around the country so we also visited Tartu and its aviation museum and the island Saaremaa and the Kuressaare town. :thumbsup:/>

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

Hi Jelle,

One of the best builds of my kits I`ve seen so far. A smart idea to use the Revell clear cockpit piece!

If you would not see the surface, it would be very difficult to distinguish the model from the real arcraft.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reactions!!

Yes! One of the main touristic attractions from Tallinn. The name 'Kiek in de Kök' is from the low germanic language and means 'peek in the kitchen' as you can watch through the kitchen windows of the houses in the downhill part of Tallinn and I liked this name because it looks like Dutch. Kiek in de Kök in Dutch is 'Kijk in de keuken'. Also I found a lot of other words of Dutch/Germanic origin in the Estonian language which are the same in Dutch and Estonian like klooster, kaart (map) and kraan (tap). We decided not to stay in Tallinn for the whole week but to hire a cheap car and drive around the country so we also visited Tartu and its aviation museum and the island Saaremaa and the Kuressaare town. :thumbsup:/>/>

By any chance did you do the walking tour of Old Town?

If you ever return,the new museum at the seaplane harbor is quite fun.You can virtually shoot down Mi-8s and Il-28s with an M2 .50,try to fly a Sopwith Camel over Tallinn and go inside a WWII submarine.

SAM_2402.jpg

By any chance did you do the walking tour of Old Town?

If you ever return,the new museum at the seaplane harbor is quite fun.You can virtually shoot down Mi-8s and Il-28s with an M2 .50,try to fly a Sopwith Camel over Tallinn and go inside a WWII submarine.

I did not do an organized tour but I think I've seen every little street of Tallinn ;)

I have been to that museum. When looking on a map I saw something names 'sea plane hangars' so we went there for a look. I did not know there was a museum and I liked it very much! Only too bad it was quite dark in there (as you can see on your picture) so the Estonian marked sea plane hanging from the ceiling couldn't be photographed very well.

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman