Stearman Caydet

I am looking for 1/72 decals for a Stearman Caydet. The kit decals are US Navy, but I want to do it in the US Army scheme. Does anyone know of aftermarket decals for this?

Cheers, Lee

None that I'm aware of. Fortunately, trainer markings were fairly basic. You can probably use the national insignias provided in the kit, but you may have to get some generic sheets of letters and numbers and piece piece together the rest of the desired markings yourself.

SN

Can't help as to US Army but if nothing else comes up you could put it in Canadian markings as a batch of Stearmans served briefly at Penhold (Red Deer)Alberta but were eventually rejected as they didn't have winter flying canopies and were also felt too easy to fly so not good trainers for BCATP. They were overall yellow (except maybe some natural metal panels behind the engine) with roundels and black serials (as I recall without looking it up)so again makings could probably be pieced together..HTH

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

Which scheme? Yellow/Blue or Overall Sliver?

These are very simple schemes to replicate. Yellow/Blue: 4 position National Insignia with side numbers in yellow and wing top number in black. Rudder has the Tail Stripes. 45 degree block numbers can be found in most Model RR shops.

Overall Sliver: 4 position Insignia with black 45 degree block numbers on fuselage sides, wing top and under wing.

I have a few pictures of PT-13D that I will use for a Trainer sheet in the future. 90% of them are as bland as white rice. It's why you see more of the USN aircraft, at least those had fuselage stripes and/or wing stripes to break up the monotony.

Which scheme? Yellow/Blue or Overall Sliver?

These are very simple schemes to replicate. Yellow/Blue: 4 position National Insignia with side numbers in yellow and wing top number in black. Rudder has the Tail Stripes. 45 degree block numbers can be found in most Model RR shops.

Overall Sliver: 4 position Insignia with black 45 degree block numbers on fuselage sides, wing top and under wing.

I have a few pictures of PT-13D that I will use for a Trainer sheet in the future. 90% of them are as bland as white rice. It's why you see more of the USN aircraft, at least those had fuselage stripes and/or wing stripes to break up the monotony.

PM sent