Lost my mother this evening...

I'd like to add my prayers and condolences as well Terry. I lost my mother this last June and as others have said not a day goes by without me thinking of her. Today I had to trailer a car belonging to a friend of mine from the Port Stevens area to a Kia dealership in one the outer suburbs of Newcastle. Because of really bad bushfires which as of 15 minutes ago now totally surround Newcastle to the north, south and west, we had to take a route which took us right past the cemetary where Mum and Dad are buried. We both were silent for a moment as we waited for the traffic lights to change at the intersection which contains the corner of the cemetary where they are buried. We know you're a strong man Terry, stay strong mate and our thoughts and prayers are with both you and your wife.

Ross.

I pass along my own thoughts as well. Keep swinging though Terry and don't let this get you down. Death is a part of life, but I've got a feeing you will stay around for a bit longer and now that your mother has gone to a better place, she's going to be around more to see to it.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family, Terry. I can relate to losing a parent. It's about 8 years ago I lost my father suddenly in an MVA. All I can tell you is that when the smallest of things brings back memories of them, you'll tear up but their sort of happy tears because the memories will be of happy times you had with them. I hope this will help ease your pain.

Thanks to all who've expressed their condolences...they are much appreciated. My wife and I are trying to climb out of this funk by planning a great Christmas for our kids and extended family. I'm really looking forward to putting this all behind us in 2014 and hope we have a much better year. I'm flying to Sebring, Fl. on the 28th for a few days to try to spend a little quality time with my dad. He just turned 84 this past Sunday and who knows how much longer he'll be around and healthy. I mean he and my mom were married for over 62 years and his heart is broken right now. He's a strong man too but I'm a realist....many a surviving partner has gone downhill fast after the loss of their partner of 6 decades. My 2 brothers and my sister are going to try to spend as much time as we can with dad but it's difficult when you're separated by 1500 miles and aren't rich!

Thanks again my friends!