Tumpey 1/72 J-15 box art

Hello superTomcat21, please,tell us if Shenyang J-14 and J-31 (1/72) will be realized in the near future ?

Thanks in advance

"J-31"is not a right name,it is Object 310 testfighter NO.01 NAMED 31001,and in Chinese name is 鹘鹰(Falco rusticolus).I think it will name by PLAAF as 歼-21(J-21)if it was equipment in China.

ofcause trumpey can not give up such a good theme,but i do not have any news about they has begun research and development OBJ.310.

And about J-14 I think you means a CG fighter by Gaoshan,it is not a real fighter so no models.

RAN

Are there any new Images of the J-15 available ??? ... and even more is there a plan to red-do the J-10 kit in 72 too like the JH-7A and finally to make a J-10B too ??

Thanks in advance,

Deino

no more j-15 photos of publicly,and i can not understand "red-do",but i know J-10B in 72 is on the way!

RAN

no more j-15 photos of publicly,and i can not understand "red-do",but i know J-10B in 72 is on the way!

RAN

Sorry for my misleading post. As far as I understand Your answer in my JH-7A tread, then this JH-A is a completely new kit ... my idea was now to "re-do" modernise or at best make a completely new kit for the J- A and B similar to the 48-scale kits, since the original J-10A is surely no longer up to date.

Deino

"J-31"is not a right name,it is Object 310 testfighter NO.01 NAMED 31001,and in Chinese name is 鹘鹰(Falco rusticolus).I think it will name by PLAAF as 歼-21(J-21)if it was equipment in China.

ofcause trumpey can not give up such a good theme,but i do not have any news about they has begun research and development OBJ.310.

And about J-14 I think you means a CG fighter by Gaoshan,it is not a real fighter so no models.

RAN

Thank you for your answer.

• 2 months later...

Without wishing to be too critical before getting my paws on it, there are a couple of issues.....

You can depict the J-15 in a few different ways....

1. In Flight

2. At rest on a ramp with wings spread

3. About to be launched - as depicted in the box art

4. All folded up.

Unfortunately looking at the sprues, it appears that you can only do 1 & 2 without having to make some modifications.

You can't do 3. - because Trumpeter don't appear to include the flap section on the inner (fixed) part of the wing - nor can you fit the tailerons nose down as they should be at launch (and the nose leg would be depressed).

They also don't include the raised detents that hold the aircraft back before launch - and they aren't depicted on the box art.

You can't do 4. either - because when folded, the wing leading edge slats are deployed - not so in the kit.

Those nit-picks aside, I'm looking forward to getting this kit - and all power to Trumpeter for kitting it :worship:

Happy Flankering

Ken

Without wishing to be too critical before getting my paws on it, there are a couple of issues.....

You can depict the J-15 in a few different ways....

1. In Flight

2. At rest on a ramp with wings spread

4. All folded up.

Unfortunately looking at the sprues, it appears that you can only do 1 & 2 without having to make some modifications.

You can't do 3. - because Trumpeter don't appear to include the flap section on the inner (fixed) part of the wing - nor can you fit the tailerons nose down as they should be at launch (and the nose leg would be depressed).

They also don't include the raised detents that hold the aircraft back before launch - and they aren't depicted on the box art.

You can't do 4. either - because when folded, the wing leading edge slats are deployed - not so in the kit.

Those nit-picks aside, I'm looking forward to getting this kit - and all power to Trumpeter for kitting it 377.gif

Happy Flankering

Ken

And they also fixed the angle of the main wheel bay vs their other Flanker kits.

Really !?? Maybe I misinterpret these parts but the parts on the bottom of this images are these inner flap sections. ?!? Or am I wrong ?

http://new2.trumpeter-china.com/Uploads/201501/54b08aaf5bc46.jpg

Deino

My apologies.... you could be right Dieno.....

But - there should be two separate sections inboard, plus the small outboard ailerons should droop slightly...

Here's by 'conversion' of the Hasegawa Su-33 to show what I mean.....

Flankers%20064.JPG

It still looks like the tailerons are in the 'straight' setting - when they should be L/E down....

Flankers%20076.JPG

.... and they don't (apparently) include the hold-back detents.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not disappointed with what I see so far - I'm looking forward to getting the kit, but there are a couple of issues to fix before it can be displayed in either 'ready-to-go' or 'all-folded-up' as Trumpeter are marketing it.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

But - there should be two separate sections inboard, plus the small outboard ailerons should droop slightly...

Here's by 'conversion' of the Hasegawa Su-33 to show what I mean.....

It still looks like the tailerons are in the 'straight' setting - when they should be L/E down....

.... and they don't (apparently) include the hold-back detents.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not disappointed with what I see so far - I'm looking forward to getting the kit, but there are a couple of issues to fix before it can be displayed in either 'ready-to-go' or 'all-folded-up' as Trumpeter are marketing it.

Ken

From the wing sprues, it seems trumpeter molded the middle/inboard flaps as a 1 section joined with the ailerons instead of 2 sections as shown on Ken's photo .

And the sprue linked by Deino seems to be the inboard flaps only.

Dunno why they needed to mold two sets of wings (neutral and dropped controls surfaces) when they could have molded those control surfaces separate like the inner flaps.

Well, in the end we'll know once someone has the kit in his hands.

Edited by Inquisitor
  • 5 weeks later...

Ken

No need to say sorry !

... here is a new review:

http://www.moxing.net/bbs/thread-47268-1-1.html

... and if I'm not completely wrong, it contains the outer wing part optionally down and up as well as the inner part of the wing with the flaps and slats as separate parts ... and also the tails two times folded and unfolded !

IMO looks good, ... but what do You think ?

Deino

It's looking good so far........ :thumbsup:

I think they have moulded the OUTER flap section and the aileron as one piece - but the INNER flap section (on the fixed inner part of the wing) is not drooped - the real thing has inner and outer flap sections fully drooped with the ailerons slighly drooped for takeoff.

So,they have missed the one thing that it needs for an about-to-take-off diorama - the whole deck-section/blast deflector diorama potential (which is its selling point) can't be done without some mods....

I also don't see any holdback devices that are unique to J-15/Su-33 STOBAR ops ???

Still, they got the mainwheel wells correct - and its a welcome release.

Nice one Trumpeter :worship: :worship: :worship:

Ken

It's looking good so far........ :thumbsup:/>

I think they have moulded the OUTER flap section and the aileron as one piece - but the INNER flap section (on the fixed inner part of the wing) is not drooped - the real thing has inner and outer flap sections fully drooped with the ailerons slighly drooped for takeoff.

So,they have missed the one thing that it needs for an about-to-take-off diorama - the whole deck-section/blast deflector diorama potential (which is its selling point) can't be done without some mods....

I also don't see any holdback devices that are unique to J-15/Su-33 STOBAR ops ???

Still, they got the mainwheel wells correct - and its a welcome release.

Nice one Trumpeter :worship:/> :worship:/> :worship:/>

Ken

I thinbk - if You look at the third page in the construction plan - You need to cut out the inner part of these but the parts are molded separately ... and these strange hold-back "things" are these countless thin plates to be put together !

Again I think in the plan they are shown.

Deino

I also noticed they've included a hydraulic arm for opening canopy - missing from other Flanker versions so far.

What about landing gear lock mechanism bulges - does J-15 have the normal style or did they miss that? They appear to be the normal style unlike the bigger ones, seen on Su-33s

Edited by Sebastijan

You are right again Dieno - page 23 of the instruction sheet shows the inner and outer flap sections being fitted - but I couldn't spot anywhere where the inner part has been removed from the wing???

Plus - the hold-backs are shown :thumbsup:

I can't wait for this one....

Sebastijan - I think the gear lock bulges are the bigger ones - at least they look like it.

mainleg_01.jpg

Now...... where do I get one (or 3 - one at takeoff, one all folded, one all spread)

Ken