She's a beauty !

This is my F-15 that i'm currently building. Coming to the weathering stage and will use your weathering technique on the engines !

comp_sam_8375ytsqf.jpg

comp_sam_8376nusuk.jpg

comp_sam_8377xmsc5.jpg

comp_sam_83780zsgu.jpg

Thanx Paddington :D

It's a bit easier to weather the cans before you added the actuators tho :)

Going to be interesting to follow your progress. :D

Gorgeous F-15 Janne!!

You know, since we're talking about Dremels, I've never used mine for modeling until I saw you using yours! The crazy thing is that I bought it specifically for modeling. I guess for me it was apprehension as I was nervous about destroying the plastic while trying to use it. I finally gave it a shot the other day on a 1/48 Tamiya Corsair I'm working on (I'm installing an Aires pit) and the thing worked perfectly! I was really happy that I didn't have to spend days trying to sand all that ribbing on the cockpit sidewalls.

Rob

Gorgeous F-15 Janne!!

You know, since we're talking about Dremels, I've never used mine for modeling until I saw you using yours! The crazy thing is that I bought it specifically for modeling. I guess for me it was apprehension as I was nervous about destroying the plastic while trying to use it. I finally gave it a shot the other day on a 1/48 Tamiya Corsair I'm working on (I'm installing an Aires pit) and the thing worked perfectly! I was really happy that I didn't have to spend days trying to sand all that ribbing on the cockpit sidewalls.

Rob

Thanx Rob :D

See, Dremeling opens up a new world on a different timescale where tideous jobs are done in mere seconds. :D

Hi ya´ll :D

Just a small update ..again...

I´ve been down with the flu and it didn´t do wonders for my build mojo...but I´m slowly recovering :D

Got some paint on the missiles...

First some alclad exhaust on the finns and so..

IMG_1750_zps746695da.jpg

Then some masking and on with the FS36475 and some aluminium...

IMG_1751_zps833c9903.jpg

Next I´ll assemble the missiles and put on a gloss coat and decals....soon time for the big photo shoot :D

Cheers!

Darn gawa decals I´m using for the Sparrows are hard and fragile...using tons of microsoft on ´em! :crying:/>/>

Janne,

Main thing is that they're eventually snuggling down. I just bought Tamiya's Mark Fit decal solution for when I need something a little stronger then my go to Microscale decal system. They have a extra strength that I just might pickup as well for really difficult decals.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Janne,

Main thing is that they're eventually snuggling down. I just bought Tamiya's Mark Fit decal solution for when I need something a little stronger then my go to Microscale decal system. They have a extra strength that I just might pickup as well for really difficult decals.

Joel

I was starting to consider acid.... :P DArn decals!

First some alclad exhaust on the finns and so..

Why did you paint alclad exhaust on yourself? :-P

If you want to dot the i´s and cross the t´s you could paint the "holes" in that silver collar on the sidewinder missiles black. It is the target detector, and I suspect the holes are optical windows for the proximity sensor, that I think uses laser (on Rb 74 it does anyway). Maybe a wash is enough come to think of it.. a 1/48 missile is about 1/3 the size of what it looks like on my monitor.. so never mind..

Looking good anyhow!

Why did you paint alclad exhaust on yourself? :-P

If you want to dot the i´s and cross the t´s you could paint the "holes" in that silver collar on the sidewinder missiles black. It is the target detector, and I suspect the holes are optical windows for the proximity sensor, that I think uses laser (on Rb 74 it does anyway). Maybe a wash is enough come to think of it.. a 1/48 missile is about 1/3 the size of what it looks like on my monitor.. so never mind..

Looking good anyhow!

I settle for a wash :D

Edited by Aigore

I was starting to consider acid.... :P/>/> DArn decals!

Janne,

If they're that difficult to get to settle into the nooks and crannies, then why not try Solvaset? It's the last resort for me when all else fails.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Janne,

If they're that difficult to get to settle into the nooks and crannies, then why not try Solvaset? It's the last resort for me when all else fails.

Joel

It worked with Microsol..but I had to add it in several sessions, took longer time to put on the 5 stripes on each sparrow than to put on all the stencils on the Eagle :P

It worked with Microsol..but I had to add it in several sessions, took longer time to put on the 5 stripes on each sparrow than to put on all the stencils on the Eagle :P/>

Janne,

Might very well be, but they're on, and done perfectly.

Joel

Right....

The missiles are pretty much done now :D

Glued on the fins...in many cases they actually clicked into place ....neato!

IMG_1753_zps9f904ba6.jpg

A nice gloss coat....

IMG_1755_zps187e3d08.jpg

And then decals...

Here are the Sparrows with the pesky Hasegawa decals....murmurmur

IMG_1756_zps52952a52.jpg

And the much nicer Eduard decals....just so darn many of them so I gave up since they won´t show anyways there under the wings :P

IMG_1757_zpsa70944c7.jpg

I just love the seaker heads on the eduard winders....

IMG_1758_zps76d0f466.jpg

And nice little PE plates in the rear so my little intrutions won´t show!

IMG_1759_zps62b166b0.jpg

There....the decals are sealed and a little wash and they are done and will be put into place on the laucnhers...

IMG_1760_zpsc0cfc147.jpg

So I call this the last update and next it´ll show up in the Displaycase forum...

Thanx ya´ll for following the build and keeping me on the straight and narrow!

Cheers!

Janne,

The missiles looks great. In the close up pics, you can see that the yellow decals are on the thick side. No wonder you had issues with them. Still you tamed the beast. Looking forward to seeing your final pictures in the Display Case forum.

Joel

Aigore,

For the next three nights I have to run the overnight crew as the night manager fell off a ladder in the stockroom and ended up in the hospital. That's why I'm home all day. Just 1 1/2 more years to full retirement. It can't get here fast enough.

Joel

Hey Joel, I know that this may be a couple of months late, but you ain't retired yet. I remember being in your shoes. Retirement will be here before you know it. If you were to ask me for just ONE(1) piece of advice upon your retirement, it would be this: Learn to say the word, "NO!" AND MEAN IT!!! For some reason, people think that upon retirement, the retiree(you) has unlimited amounts of time to give to each and everyone that asks. The retiree(you) can and will become swamped very quickly until you learn that little two letter word, "NO!" Now, I'm not saying to become a prick and be stingy with your time. Just remember that you worked hard for your retirement and you are the one who (like discussed earlier) manages your time. When my wife retired, we wanted to do some volunteering and help others in need. BUT, we made sure that we had time to ourselves to do "our stuff." Happy Retirement!

P.S. In the famous words of Abigail VanBuren(Dear Abby): "No one can take advantage of you without your permission!"

Edited by balls47