IRIAF F-14A Tomcat

Biggest external difference is the removal of the door over the inflight refueling probe. Other than that, there isn't much difference at all, at least for we modelmakers. The biggest difference was actually a different radar/weapons system, but that doesn't matter for us.

Iran got block 90 F-14s, they did not get any of the later upgrades the Navy jets got. "Grill style" gun vents. No tall TACAN antenna. No ECM blisters under the wings, nose gear door or boat tail. No PTID, no GPS, etc. The standard pacific fleet or Atlantic fleet hasegawa boxing should have you covered.

Edited by graves_09

Two HEXagonal plates on each side of the stabs and a singular long plate over the rudders on each side

Naw...I like HECTAGONAL!!! Can we make it another ARC-ism??? Kinda like the Dead Bears?? :woot.gif:

(although, it's been a while since I've heard anyone in here referring to the DB's....)

Naw...I like HECTAGONAL!!! Can we make it another ARC-ism??? Kinda like the Dead Bears?? :woot.gif:/>

(although, it's been a while since I've heard anyone in here referring to the DB's....)

LoL

Like "decalizing", I thought it was a nice word :)

• 1 month later...