144th Fighter Wing F-15 Eagles

Hi Ken,

Very nice, both the California ANG F-15s and the shots at Nellis of my locals. Seems strange to see all the usual tail numbers so far away. I can't believe that you were so unlucky to photograph in California with fog and grey conditions. That's something that I would associate with my location more! 84-0009 is ex-493rd FS, it's been gone a few years now and I think they also have 84-0014, a Desert Storm victory marked jet that is also ex-493rd (I can't believe they let it go). I think that was the first one they got from Montana as it featured in the first California F-15 publicity pic's as the wing jet.

Gary

Thank you for sharing these great pictures.

thanks, and you're welcome!

Hi Ken,

Very nice, both the California ANG F-15s and the shots at Nellis of my locals. Seems strange to see all the usual tail numbers so far away. I can't believe that you were so unlucky to photograph in California with fog and grey conditions. That's something that I would associate with my location more! 84-0009 is ex-493rd FS, it's been gone a few years now and I think they also have 84-0014, a Desert Storm victory marked jet that is also ex-493rd (I can't believe they let it go). I think that was the first one they got from Montana as it featured in the first California F-15 publicity pic's as the wing jet.

Gary

thanks Gary, fog/haze is pretty much an issue all the time in central California, but I think is more common this time of year.

Yes, 84-0014 is the wing jet, and first one they got from Montana. It was on alert so I didn't get any photos of it.

Ken

fog/haze is pretty much an issue all the time in central California

Except during monsoon season! :thumbsup: It finally clears up during the 2-3 weeks when it rains in March/April. Otherwise, because of the way the San Joaquin Valley is arranged, the smog, agricultural "ick" and everything else just kind of sits there most of the year. It raised hell on my sinuses for the two years I lived there, finally sending me home from my mission.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801