Red Flag 15-1 at Nellis AFB

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

Excellent pictures - thanks for posting! I saw one shot of a VMFA(AW)-225 Delta in the post - must have been when they were up there for work-ups before their deployment. I support the Vikings at MCAS Miramar (along with the rest of MAG-11's Hornets), it's good to see them in action! You have a great eye for aviation shots!

-Jake

Gents,

The RAF were there with Typhoons from the Lossiemouth wing and the Sentinel seen in Ken's pics. The Typhoons have moved onto Langley to play with the F-22s and should still be there. 'Cube' flight of 10 F-15s has RTB'd to Lakenheath today which should be the deployed Red Flag 493rd FS F-15s returning home.

Gary

Whoa! That last viper is amazing! BTW, were there any international participants this year?

thanks! In addition to what Gary added below, Australia had at least 1 (I think 2 were there) C-130J. Here's the press release

http://www.nellis.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123433350

Ken,

Excellent pictures - thanks for posting! I saw one shot of a VMFA(AW)-225 Delta in the post - must have been when they were up there for work-ups before their deployment. I support the Vikings at MCAS Miramar (along with the rest of MAG-11's Hornets), it's good to see them in action! You have a great eye for aviation shots!

-Jake

thanks Jake! I have more of the Vikings to edit still, but here's a real close up

F-18D_165413_KLSV_20150126_KenMiddleton_9x16_web_DSC_1592.jpg

Gents,

The RAF were there with Typhoons from the Lossiemouth wing and the Sentinel seen in Ken's pics. The Typhoons have moved onto Langley to play with the F-22s and should still be there. 'Cube' flight of 10 F-15s has RTB'd to Lakenheath today which should be the deployed Red Flag 493rd FS F-15s returning home.

Gary

thanks a lot Gary for the info,

Ken

thanks Jake! I have more of the Vikings to edit still, but here's a real close up

AWESOME shot! The Vikings just left last weekend for the deployment, so they'll be gone for the rest of the year. Keep 'em coming!

The RAF were there with Typhoons from the Lossiemouth wing and the Sentinel seen in Ken's pics.

The Aussies were there too.

The Typhoons have moved onto Langley to play with the F-22s and should still be there.

Seems strange seeing them in the pattern here, good looking jet. They also got to see the F-22 demo practice this morning.

Regards,

Murph