Best/Easiest to use airbrush

Guys

I just recieved my Master Airbrush G-79. Tested it out and it sprays nice. I still like the Iwata Eclipse and revolutions I have for fine detailing but this thing seems great for larger areas. Do you all think this might work for Hornet? There are other models other than this G-79.

How does the trigger on these work to be dual action? I can obviously understand the straight back motion.

The trigger first open the air valve, and then starts moving the needle back. You have full control of paint, but air will always be full, so some will claim that this isn't "true" double action.

I would say that 95% of the worlds airbrushers are better off by always pushing the trigger down to full anyway, and concentrate on controlling the paint. Control the air with your regulator or a Mac-valve instead.

Best practice is always to keep the air running all the time, from the moment you start your painting session, until you end. It will prevent spattering due to paint collecting on the tip, and also reduce tip dry.

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I think my question might contribute to the topic of airbrush selection. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to having a gravity-fed or siphon-fed airbrush?

One thing not mentioned is that gravity feed airbrushes can be used with very small amounts of paint - a single drop will work. If you do small aircraft or like doing details with an airbrush this is very useful.

I can't believe it took that long for somebody to pipe up in praise of Grex.

That is because they are ugly. Their parent company must be Kawasaki. On the other hand, an H&S Infinity looks like a precision crafted jewel. Red anodized aluminum frame....gold plated trigger cam.... .15mm orifice....German engineering. It looks expensive and it is.

Edited by DutyCat