1/72 scale MK-82 Snake Eyes

Title says it all. I am looking for some decent 500pound Snake Eyes in Gentlemens scale. The early ones used on Vietnam, not Ballute retarded.

The pedal tail assembly ones from both Hase and the old Italeri weapons sets look way off and crude. And I don't know of any decent ones from aircraft kits.

Thanks

Scout

I recently ordered the Kora snakeyes from evilbay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/381096783950)

They looked good in the photos, but in reality they are some of the worst resin I have seen. LOTS of flash and air bubbles. This will require quite a bit of work to get 12 good enough for my 1/72 Fujimi A-6A Intruder. Those Northstar Models snakeyes look much better but cost more. The Kora ones were 18xMk82 snakeye and 3xMER for $18.99. The MERs were not as good as the ones in the Hasegawa weapon sets. It looks like you can get 12xsnakeye for $18 from Northstar Models. I think I will get some to compare.

Edited by Alleycat

They [Kora} looked good in the photos, but in reality they are some of the worst resin I have seen.

I totally agree based on the three sets I blindly ordered. Literally threw them all away after attempting to clean one up - the seams were horrendously large and deformed, in particular around the petals. No way.

How are the Verlinden?

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Thanks for the replies.

I concur withe the Kora resin bits. I saw them in the net and luckily kept my fingers off them.

I guess I´ll settle for Northstar models, they look nice.

What about the Hasegawa weapons sets?

Their tail assembly is quite crude and wrongly shaped in my opinion.

Cheers

Scout

Edited by SCOUT712

Just out of curiosity, can someone with the North Star Snakeyes check a couple of measurements for me?

The total length NOT including the fuze should be 28.4 mm.

The length of the fin should be 9 mm.

Thanks!