Nice A2A B-2 Footage ...

Wow, real nice video, and a real nice find Gregg.

The shot of the B-2 skimming the cloud cover was entirely in keeping with it`s other wordly persona.

Top banana! Folks should give this vid a spin. :banana:

Cheers, Ian

Very nice video, thank you. One question though, the anti-collision lights on the wings seem to be sticking up quite a bit to be stealthy. Is this the way they are all the time or is it more to give a return on radar during training missions. I noticed the same thing on the F-22 but was told by the ground crew that this was the way it is all the time.

Cheers, Lee

One question though, the anti-collision lights on the wings seem to be sticking up quite a bit to be stealthy. Is this the way they are all the time or is it more to give a return on radar during training missions.

Pretty sure they retract when the plane is in "stealth mode" (yes that's a real thing). Same with that blade antenna you can see on the lower aft surface. The F-117A does something similar, with retractable antenna & lights.

As I watch it flying over the desert I imagined it as an unknown craft flying over an 'alien world'. Its still amazing to see it fly.

What's amazing to me is that the B-2 has been flying for over 25 years... first flight was 17 July 1989 !!!

I gotta wonder what they used for the camera platform....hey Jake was that you in the rear office?, getting in some good seat time and excellent views of the "Spirit" in the sky....Thanx Gregg you always find the GOOD stuff B) .