F4F-4, Overall GSB?

I can't airbrush in my temporary residence so I have to spray paint a monochromatic bird. Some F4Fs were used as stateside trainers late in the war and were painted overall GSB. I think. What color would the wheel wells and the inside of the cowling be? I'm going to spray it with Tamiya's AS-8 and just throw some generic markings on it. If this works out I may do a Corsair. I have the right markings, but I really want to do it as a tri-colored bird. Any other suggestions for being limited to spray paint? Not necessarily USN.

I can't airbrush in my temporary residence so I have to spray paint a monochromatic bird. Some F4Fs were used as stateside trainers late in the war and were painted overall GSB. I think. What color would the wheel wells and the inside of the cowling be? I'm going to spray it with Tamiya's AS-8 and just throw some generic markings on it. If this works out I may do a Corsair. I have the right markings, but I really want to do it as a tri-colored bird. Any other suggestions for being limited to spray paint? Not necessarily USN.

I think the inside of the wheel wells would be GSB. No idea on the inside of the cowl flaps. Guessing that they would be in their original state but other ARC'rs would probably know more.

I'm pretty sure Grumman stopped producing F4Fs before GSB became standard. That's not to say none existed in GSB - depot repaints and all. I'm pretty sure none entered combat like that though.

Everybody said for years there was no such thing as an SBD wearing GSB either - until a friend's dad gave me his wartime photo album continuing pics of them! Never say never.

Like Silver1 says, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some F4Fs kicking around Stateside training units long enough to be painted GSB. I haven't been able to turn up any photos, but that doesn't mean anything.

SN