Mr. Paint acryllics

Just saw some Mr. Paint pre-thinned acryllics for the Viggen splinter scheme on the Rebell Hobby site and wondered if anybody has used them and if so, how accurate are they at depicting the Viggen scheme? Would really like to get the colors correct the first time as this is obviously not a scheme you would like to repeat at another time!

Thanks,

WARDOG

I didn't try them yet but from what I can see from their Facebook page most looks spot on but the dark green that is too much similar to a pine green while it was darker

GSI Creos (Gunze) 340, 310, 309, 77 and 308 are also spot on

I am using them on my MiG-31 build! From what I've tried so far, I can say they are the best kind of paints I have ever used in my modelling career. They dry to the touch in a few minutes (been masking them after 30mins without any peeling off), coverage is excellent (white covers in black in just a couple of passes) and they are very durable (you can sand them). They seem to be the best of both worlds - fast drying times of acrylics and opacity and durability of enamels. I've also heard they can be thinned with Mr. Leveling Thinner, but I haven't tried that out yet, and as they come airbrush ready, didn't have any reason to anyway.

Red Star Models will be carrying them in the US soon. Though I've had several people in my group who've ordered them direct with no problem and a transit time of about a week and a half.

I can tell you from what I'm being told that they aren't really acrylics, but lacquers. They apparently will thin with Mr. Leveling Thinner, but even for spraying small like I like, it doesn't appear thinning is needed..maybe with blending layers at most. I've heard from a number of people who's opinion I trust that they are indeed incredible...even better than Mr. Color...and that's saying a lot. I'm also told their color matches are good, but real world conditions allow for variance on the real things, so I'm sure they are fine.

Ok, I'm interested. Anyone know what size these bottles are? I just wonder how much paint one is getting for $6 per bottle. Also wonder if oil based washes will work over these?

The bottles are 30ml. They are identical bottles to Alclad II bottles. The paint is hard as nails, oil washes will not affect it one jot.

Thanks for the input chaps. Yeah, $6.00 for a bottle but they may be the best matches around. I'm not fully confident in the Humbrol Swedish colors but thought I might "eye-ball" mix them to the right colors for when I finally decide to build and paint my 72nd scale Heller kit. Although, having a nice, hard surface as supposedly found in the Mr. Paint colors might be a bonus when using a mask set.

Cheers,

WARDOG