2 hours ago, HUEYHOG said:

Looking good. I was going to say she's a little too dirty but I found a pic of a cobra just as dirty :-)

AH-1W-Super-Cobra-helicopter-144.preview.jpg

Tim

Hahahah yes man , she is the same one I am doing as a reference for the  weathering thanks my friend 

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Your cobra looks awesome. Great job! How did you make the tailboom so dirty?

Tim

Don't know how Charlie did it but I would use Tamiya smoke. Building the paint in layers, that way you can vary the graduation and heaviness. I would do that for all soot stains.

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Would black chalk pastels applied with a brush work and then sealed?

Tim

You can if you want. I think of black chalk being to stark and dark. A very dark brown may work better. At least that is how I see it. YMMV.

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle3/ah-1w_165281/images/ah-1w_165281_15_of_82.jpg

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle4/ah-1w_165055/images/ah-1w_165055_60_of_83.jpg

Edited by Tank

Mates this beautifully dirty (just how’s i like it)  but dangerous snake is done..not perfect but I really like it.  I don’t like 1/35 scale I am a 1/48 dude.. but this one I have fun with her and it is the first Marines craft I do. 

photo shoot will be during the week in a better lighting and place.. probably the rooftop of my house. 

1z4v3mu.jpg
w8mh3a.jpg
9suhk6.jpg
24q8q9t.jpg
6sayjm.jpg
2lnfkhv.jpg
292br47.jpg

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/35 AH-1W *Finished*