F-15E 1:48 from F-15I GWH?

I think we will wait long time for F-15E from GWH, so I wonder is it possible to make Strike Eagle from beautiful F-15I GWH kit.

As I know there are all necessary parts for cockpit inside this kit, but what I need more?

Some sensors? Antennas? Something more?

Maybe all of above is in this kit?

Anyone knows?

2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

2x Aim-9L 
Even the cockpit in the kit is an F-15E not for F-15I

Didn't know that about the cockpit. What is missing or needs correcting to make it an F-15I cockpit?

I asked the same question a few weeks back. I ordered and received a GWH F-15I and then found some good decals for it. You'll need correct A2A missiles for the kit as it comes with Python 4 and not the AIM 9x for a current Strike Eagle.

Also: I just saw today that D Corporation is releasing another 1/48 F-15K which is the GWH kit plus Academy parts

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
1 hour ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

F-15I GWH vs F-15I real
The top and right screen don´t come in GWH, the F-15E is more like GWH.

Thanks, looks like it shouldn't be too hard to make the modifications needed. I've one of those sets of photoetch instrument bezels that includes a bunch of screen bezels too.

11 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I asked the same question a few weeks back. I ordered and received a GWH F-15I and then found some good decals for it. You'll need correct A2A missiles for the kit as it comes with Python 4 and not the AIM 9x for a current Strike Eagle.

I think there is necessary to add to this kit Aires resin exhaust nozzles, because kit's ones are really coarse.

There is a wide range of ordnance available from Eduard: AA i AG weapons, but I miss GBU-31 and AIM-9X.

Regarding decals available AIM-9X will not be necessary, because decals are for older Strike Eagles, rather not modern time ones.

13 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:
Obrazek
F-15I.jpg
F-15I GWH vs F-15I real
The top and right screen don´t come in GWH, the F-15E is more like GWH.

Just to be clear, the top and right screen referenced are new “UFC’s”- Up Front Controllers, that are an F-15E update as well.  They are not specific or unique to the F-15I. Updated flat-panel UFC’s have been making their way into the USAF inventory since at least 2010 and are standard now.  The GWH parts would make an accurate legacy Strike Eagle Cockpit OOB and depending on the airframe, be correct for USAF F-15E’s as late as 2014ish.   I suspect it is accurate for an older F-15I as well.  

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

The GWH parts would make an accurate legacy Strike Eagle Cockpit OOB and depending on the airframe, be correct for USAF F-15E’s as late as 2014ish.   I suspect it is accurate for an older F-15I as well.  

I dug out my copy of IsraDecals's F-15I book, original version published in 2006, and it has the exact same photos as those posted above by Manuel. It also shows the aircraft still using the Python 4 at that time. If there was a time that the F-15I didn't have those screens It would have to be before 2006ish (it doesn't say when those specific photos were taken) or mention specific upgrades.

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

I dug out my copy of IsraDecals's F-15I book, original version published in 2006, and it has the exact same photos as those posted above by Manuel. It also shows the aircraft still using the Python 4 at that time. If there was a time that the F-15I didn't have those screens It would have to be before 2006ish (it doesn't say when those specific photos were taken) or mention specific upgrades.

Interesting.  I wonder what the original F-15I config was when the jets were delivered.   Maybe they came from the factory that way?

Edited by Falconxlvi
Added “F-15I”
2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Were you there during the AESA upgrade et.al.?

No- and AFAIK that hasn’t reached Seymour yet.  They will be the last wing to get it.  The order was Mountain Home, Lakenheath, and Seymour.   

Edited by Falconxlvi
1 hour ago, Falconxlvi said:

No- and AFAIK that hasn’t reached Seymour yet.  They will be the last wing to get it.  The order was Mountain Home, Lakenheath, and Seymour.   

Thanks. Am I correct in assuming that Mountain Home & Lakenheath birds are the -229 Eagles whereas Seymour is still all -220?

27 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks. Am I correct in assuming that Mountain Home & Lakenheath birds are the -229 Eagles whereas Seymour is still all -220?

Yes, with the exception of the 389th FS at Mountain Home, which flies -220 powered Strike Eagles.   

8 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

I was an FTU instructor (pilot) in the 334th and then the 307th (AFRES)

Ahhh...I was a Crew Chief in the Lancers from 94-03.  I remember when Blue was still a gun squadron.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:32 PM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Prior to '04, the UFC's at SJ didn't look like that.  So if you're an accuracy type, check your date/references.

Before that mod, we had the standard UFC and a NVG filter had to placed over it.  If you know what I referring to.