A new 1/32 Tamiya F-14A/B/D Tomcat to end all debate and frustrations

given the price creep on the existing F-14A kit now edging it close to $200, the cost of a new-tool F-14 kit in 1/32 would be obscene. The new 1/48 kit MSRPs for nearly the cost of the 1994 1/32 kit. I appreciate that this hobby is making it easier for those who don't prefer to actually "model" to build, but that simply isn't a cost effective idea... most people, if they bought one at all, likely wouldn't buy more than one. 

I'll pass.

Similar to "Skull Leader" above, as much and all as I'd like one I just couldn't justify the price that it likely would fetch. So I'd have to live vicariously through those that would get one. Good luck with the project to get someone to tool one up for you though :thumbsup:!

I'm not saying it should never be made... I'm sure if enough of the LSP mafia got together and collectively screeched at Tamiya long enough, something might happen... it just isn't practical. I can't imagine they sell a ton of their existing 1/32 Tomcats.

Here's the thing... the world isn't exactly hurting for a new 1/32 F-14. We weren't hurting for a new one in 1/48. We didn't NEED the tamiya, and we don't need the AMK. People didn't want a BETTER tomcat kit, the hasegawa kit is amazing. They really just wanted an easier one.

I'm not saying they aren't nice (I own some tamiyas and I've got 2 amks on preorder), but that's creative energy that could have been better spent on a less represented subject. Especially so in 1/32.

Skull Leader,

Well summarized 👍

I’ve have 3 of the Tamiya Cats In 1/48

I’m greatfull that I was able to buy them at more or less at the $70.00 range.

However It’s hard for me personally to justify the price on the regular retail price.

Yes it’s a “state of the art” new kit but $100.00 or more for the D release I have a hard time with that. 

This is of course just my own two cents and does not mean squat.

The fourm’s readers mileage may very.

Respectfully,

Mr. Happy (In name only)

(Now for the slings & arrows in 3,2.....)🙄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If Tamiya doesn't do it, I dare think that Great Wall or some other newer, hungrier kid on the block will make it at some point. I was really impressed with what GW did with their 1/48 SU-35, what with the wheel-well plumbing and all. Now just picture that, but in 1/32, and Tomcatty.