1/35 United States Army UH-60 Black Hawk C Company "Medevac," 2nd Battalion, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division,

Hello Friends

here it is, all complete

special thanks to Rodrigo (Salvador) for all the long nights of questions and answer! thanks my brother!

one month on the making, lots of scratch and not a single aftermarket just the "M-4" Carbines from a Bradley I redesigns.

also ad a playboy magazine poster edition, real Iraq maps and a complete carousel

weathering was done with pastel and future

also did my first ever display base, pretending to be  a road to Baghdad or something like that with a small sand storm

I did A black hawk I see in pictures of something named C Company "Medevac," 2nd Battalion, 1st Air Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, at  CAMP TAJI, Iraq

(maybe I am wrong but I like the pictures a decide to do this one)

Hope you all like it!

size0-army.mil-43488-2009-06-30-170628.j

IMG_9077.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9054.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9066.jpg

IMG_9069.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H
41 minutes ago, Loach Driver said:

Nice model and some tidy work on the base too. 

LD.

Thanks brother

40 minutes ago, Parabat said:

I like that a lot, a real labour of love that shows all the effort you have put in.

Thanks man, it is the first time I spent more than 7 days on a kit

27 minutes ago, rotorwash said:

Great build, Charlie.  i think the base really makes it shine.

Ray

Thanks Ray, now back to the Huey lol

Good job on it.  The base looks really nice.  Now it just needs some pilots, medics, and a patient to finish it off.

As a side note, the full unit designation is C Company (Charlie Med), 2 Battalion, 227 Aviation Regiment, Combat Aviation BDE (Warriors), 1st Cavalry Division.

Edited by HeavyArty
19 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Good job on it.  The base looks really nice.  Now it just needs some pilots, medics, and a patient to finish it off.

As a side note, the full unit designation is C Company (Charlie Med), 2 Battalion, 227 Aviation Regiment, Combat Aviation BDE (Warriors), 1st Cavalry Division.

Thanks, but figures are part of the modeling side I hate lol

but the US ARMY web site say it like I just copy paste it here, please confirm that ?

army.jpg

Edited by CharlieUH-1H

Unfortunately, Army Public Affairs doesn't always get it right.  The field reporters are usually young kids who just write down where they think they hear the crew tell them they are from.  Sometimes they get it wrong.  If you look at the 1 CAV Association website, you will see the unit is 2-227 AV Bn.

I guess they are still called the 1st Air Cav BDE too, not a Combat Aviation BDE.

1 CAV Association website: https://1cda.org/history/division-current-units/

You should give figures a try.  They aren't that hard and really add a bit of scale and life to dioramas.  

Edited by HeavyArty
4 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks, but figures are part of the modeling side I hate lol

I feel ya, brother.  I have never painted a figure that even looked remotely realistic to me.  Those who can have my utmost respect!

Ray

Charlie, this is an awesome build, even if it is a Hawk!  You really need to show me how you weathered that aircraft!  You have turned out some fine specimens, but this one, IMHO, is your best work.  I was fooled on a couple of your pics and would swear you mixed in pics of a real bird.  Awesome job brother!

4 hours ago, JesusNut said:

Charlie, this is an awesome build, even if it is a Hawk!  You really need to show me how you weathered that aircraft!  You have turned out some fine specimens, but this one, IMHO, is your best work.  I was fooled on a couple of your pics and would swear you mixed in pics of a real bird.  Awesome job brother!

Thanks Brother!

for the weathering I always do this formula FUTURE+PASTELS+FUTURE+ DULLCOAT

13 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Charlie, i want to congratulate you for a beautiful masterpiece, this is truly a great Hawk, one of the best ive seen. You have to be proud of yourself. I love it.

Rod.

without your amazing blackhawk build and help I know it will never  be possible my brother