ARC Discussion Forums

Gator52

AMP 1/144 KC-10

Anyone seen one yet?  

Apparently it's based on the Eastern Express MD11 kits, which I'm not familiar with either.

Thanks

Jonah

Jonah,

I have a couple AMP 1/144 KC-10s ordered since late October.  I expect them any day now!  They are based on the new Eastern Express DC-10-30 (late) kits which feature all the latest mods on the DC-10, including the forward wing to fuselage bulge that is missing from the Revell KC-10 kit.   I'll post phtos when they arrive, unless someone else beats me to it.

K/r, Dutch

Received my AMP KC-10 today.  I'm happy with it.  Panel lines are appropriate for the scale and appear to be consistent.  There is a complete flight deck and for those wanting to put the gear down it looks nice and detailed.  Also included are underwing refueling pods.  The engines have nice detail also and I think they will look good once completed.   The decals are in register and appear useable.  Also included are masks for the windscreen and wheels.  There is no flash on any of the parts.  In my opinion the only negative which is typical for short run kits is the sprue gates interfere with the mating surfaces but it should not be a major problem.  Also there are no alignment pins for the fuselage but for your average modeler I don't think that will be a major problem.  The flap actuators and engines have location holes.  Overall appears to be a good kit.  Picked mine up off of Ebay from a place in Illinois.

Terry

Got one on the way as well; pondering if I want to do a hi vis SAC Barksdale jet or a Shamu Seymour-Johnson ACC jet. 

Jonah

3 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

Got one on the way as well; pondering if I want to do a hi vis SAC Barksdale jet or a Shamu Seymour-Johnson ACC jet. 

Jonah

I will look at what's there when I get it and go from there. Perhaps flip a coin. LOL

Got mine today, and agree with everything Terry highlighted above. 

Looks nice!

Jonah