F14 A CONVERTED IN TO B

2 hours ago, goondman said:

Sorry for the high jack!

Why didn't VF-154 F-14A's get completely upgraded to B's? Seems like they have all the bells and whistles except the engines; thus more like B-minus'

Only so many Bs and Ds made. A few squadrons stayed with the A till they got S/Hornets or disbanded.

I am really happy to see another Bedeviller being built. They have been my favourite squadron since I built the itakeri kit as a kid 30 years ago.

As everyone said. The A+ as it would have been called before May 1st 1991, had an A cockpit. Oddly it seemed as though VF74 painted over the ECM antennas until about 1993. I remember reading VF32 got told to remove the paint from them prior to desert storm. I guess 74 missed the memo. 

Her is my bedeviller from 1993 that I finished about a month ago. Posted to the ARC FB page 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/215551215532252/permalink/1743854286035263/?mibextid=Nif5oz

For the F-14A+ with painted over ECM Antennas, they came from the factory like that, the squadrons didn't paint them over. 

VF-74 and VF-103 had brand new F-14A+'s during Desert Shield/Storm, both squadrons got them only about 18 months prior to going on cruise (Aug 90) for DS.