Question for A-10 Thunderbolt II Ground Service Crew members

Any A-10 Thunderbolt II Ground Service Crew members here?

I have some questions about a certain details of a-10 engine nacelles and ECU environmental control unit air-duct (intake), that odd looking elongated box like shape placed between engine nacelles. 

A huge thanks to okhtree and boom175 for your kind offer to help me.

I am big A-10 Thunderbolt II fan, and my latest acquisition is Academy A-10C in 1/48 scale.  

I am trying to figure out (based on available photos and data) what A-10 kit(s) are more accurate shape and dimension wise.

Photos help me to extrapolate needed data to a certain degree, but without actual precise measures I am not able to draw a definitive conclusion regarding researched A-10 components.

At the moment my prime interest are engine nacelles, engine intakes, engine pylons complex shape and their position, fuselage section that carry engine pylons, and ECU environmental control (Cooling system) unit air-duct (intake), that odd looking elongated box like shape placed between engine pylons. 

I am looking for the following data measures (see pictures):

1 - width and height of intake (and exhaust) of ECU environmental control unit air-duct (picture 1).

2 - length of elongated box shaped ECU environmental control unit air-duct housing.

3 - distance A-A (see picture No. 3) where engine pylons fairings are attached to fuselage upper portion to which ECU intake is attached.

It should be measured across fuselage by following curvature of fuselage as shown on picture No.3 

4 - inner diameter of engine intake duct measured as close as possible to Fan blades "plane" (picture 4). 

5 - distance between inner intake wall and spinner cone base curved edge (picture 5).

6 - diameter and "height" of spinner cone.

7 - How deep are Fan blades placed inside engine air-intake measured from intake "lip"? (picture 7)

I apologize for so many questions but those date would be very helpful.

1.thumb.jpg.0f2cb15afeec04c3059ff3550112f4ae.jpg3.thumb.jpg.bf4856f078f8d654edc53c4b3191e763.jpg4.thumb.jpg.96e8e3e5f325c60a24526ced6a206309.jpg5.thumb.jpg.82331e58c7911d6e453373560ecae7dc.jpg7.thumb.jpg.5ccba8de3177c416b61881a278abc73b.jpg

Edited by Zacharias

On photo #7 it's approximately 28" from the two points you have illustrated. Idon't have access to the real jet anymore so I cant get you accurate measurements on the real ECS duct, but I do know the ECS duct on the new academy kit is too tall.

See if this link works for the dimensions of a TF-34 fan blade. Fan Blade 

Thanks Craig in any case, I still hope that okthree will be able to get accurate measurements.

I am aware that Academy messed-up ECU (ECS) duct, but without knowing the real ECS duct size it's hard to tell if that Academy ECS duct is to narrow or too tall or both.

That's why I need both width and height of that ECS intake, as a reference.

Also, knowing precisely that A-A distance on picture No.3 will be very helpful, because all 1/48 A-10 kits (Monogram, Tamiya, Italeri, Hobby Boss and now Academy) show a different interpretation of that fuselage/pylon section.

Atop that, to make it all more complicated, engine pylons and their aerodynamic fairings (of very complex shape) are attached at a certain V angle to tail section of a fuselage.

As result, each A-10 kit manufacturer has his own idea about that angle and about a shape of engine pylons aerodynamic fairings.

Just compare Hobby Boss and Academy kits in 1/48, there is a huge difference in mounting angle of engine pylons between those two kits.

3 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Flight Line Resin makes a corrected ECS Inlet / exhaust, however at the moment they are sold out.

Steve

Steve, thanks for provided info, but right now I am not in the market for any correction A-10 sets.

I just need actual dimensions of various A-10 components and sections as I explained in my previous message.

Regarding correction sets in general, I am for several decades in this great hobby and on many occasions I have seen "correction sets" that are different from original kit pars, but still wrong, just in a different way.

Therefor I always prefer first to collect valuable info and facts about actual aircraft, and only then I decide what should be corrected.

Everything could be corrected, but I need to decide if it is worth of my time and money.

And to make an educated decision I need to learn needed details about the subject (A-10 construction details in this case) before making up my mind.

Edited by Zacharias