Question about F-106 Antiglare

Either way will work. If you are not a good painter, go with the decal. If you can not find the decal, paint.

If you can not do either, practice, then give it a go.

I've always found that thin strips of masking tape are flexible and you can hit the curve with a few reference photos.  I usually place it till I'm  happy with the look.   You could also scale out what is on the instruction sheet and use that as a guide also.

The commercial mask set sounds ideal. But if you have trouble finding one, or simply prefer the DIY approach, consider a French Curve, sharp knife and masking tape. Once you nail down the appropriate section, flip the tool over and you have a mirror template for the other side, ensuring symmetry.

Edited by RichB63

If you de3cide to use the curve, mark the beginning and end spots to get the same points.  

Normally I laid down the tape and drew the lines on the tape before cutting it with a #11 bladed knife.

I'm planning on doing a series of 106s from my old squadron because there was a change as they went along.  Not much, but a change.  I took a picture of one of our "B" models sitting it its maint. pod and it had a straight anti-glare panel.  The other one had the usual curved panel.

I'm even considering including one of our T-33 multi mission aircraft and our F-15A we picked up to replace the 106s.