New General Dynamics F-16XL Book Released

A new illustrated history of the General Dynamics F-16XL book was just released from the AFMC History Office. It’s available as a free pdf download here: https://wss.apan.org/public/AFMC-History-Office/Shared Documents/F-16XL Book_Final-web (1).pdf

Or printed copies can be ordered from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFZFXBCR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The printed paperback books are high-quality, print-on-demand, 248-pages, all color with over 1,000 photos and 125 illustrations.

I had a great time putting this one together.

Tony

F-16XL Book_Cover.jpg

I just downloaded the pdf version and I'm very impressed.  I have to ask, have you personally looked at the Amazon POD version?  How is it wrt print quality etc.  I ask because their POD series usually gets panned and, for $40, I would expect a high quality product.  

On 8/28/2023 at 5:34 PM, habu2 said:

I just downloaded the pdf version and I'm very impressed.  I have to ask, have you personally looked at the Amazon POD version?  How is it wrt print quality etc.  I ask because their POD series usually gets panned and, for $40, I would expect a high quality product.  

Yes, I have seen the POD version, I went through the proof and made minor density corrections before approving it for release. Specialty Press gave POD a bad rep with the low quality crap they put out. The cover is high gloss paperback and pages are medium weight, bright white paper. Think high quality laser copy. Not quite the top quality, offset printing we've seen in the past, but for lower volume printing of obscure subject matter, this is most likely the way of the future. 

I just picked up mine from my mailbox. Opened it, while walking back up the drive to the house. 
It's a very nice print. Colors are vivid and sharp. Pages aren't glossy, but a semi-flat with just a little sheen. 
Plenty and photos and descriptions. I'm happy with it. 
Great job Tony!