Israeli F-15D engines

I was kind of curious when the Israelis made the change to the GE engines over the Pratt and Whitney engines? I plan on doing a F-15D from like the 90s or around that time frame. I bought the Eduard kit that has the Israeli decals and instructions. Have some GE engine nozzles and afterburner tubes from my other Academy kits. The instructions for the Israeli F-15D shows the PW engine nozzles. Was also planning on using some Python 4s and AMRAAM 120Bs. Would that be an appropriate weapon load for air to air? Thanks for any info

Jeff

I’ve never heard that Israel re-engined their Eagles to GE engines.  Even the Ra’am came with P&W engines.  Their A/B/C/D did leave the turkey feathers on for quite a long while after the USAF had removed theirs, but that’s the only engine related change that I know.  I’m 99.99% sure a 90s IAF Eagle had P&W engines.

20 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ve never heard that Israel re-engined their Eagles to GE engines.  Even the Ra’am came with P&W engines.  Their A/B/C/D did leave the turkey feathers on for quite a long while after the USAF had removed theirs, but that’s the only engine related change that I know.  I’m 99.99% sure a 90s IAF Eagle had P&W engines.

saw a video of some Israeli F-15s flying in the UK. Looks like they all had the PW engines. Do you know what an average AA loadout would've been for the 90s or later era? I guess they were armed with Sparrows and Sidewinders in the 80s and some Pythons thrown in there to. Maybe Python 3s in  the 80s and Python 4 in the 90s but not sure

4 hours ago, Niels said:

Israeli F-15's do not have the GE engine, only PW. The GE engine was only introduced on the F-15 with the sale to South Korea and Singapore, later also delivered to other clients but not Israel.. 

The F-15I look like they have the GE engines. Not the same nozzles as the rest of their F-15Ds. Looks like the turkey feather, to where the PW engines have the actuating mechanisms and rods that open the and close the engine nozzles. I don't know, maybe I am wrong and they are all PW engines

20 minutes ago, Raptor.777 said:

The F-15I look like they have the GE engines. Not the same nozzles as the rest of their F-15Ds. Looks like the turkey feather, to where the PW engines have the actuating mechanisms and rods that open the and close the engine nozzles. I don't know, maybe I am wrong and they are all PW engines

They are absolutely all P&W engines.  It’s a different version than on the Eagles, but still P&W.

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

Maybe what you saw was one fitted with 'turkey feathers? 

Rare these days, but that's the only thing that makes them look similar. 

file.php?id=31871&sid=6719c7ed1e42a17266

Deliberately picked this pic, as the orange makes sure it is an 15A.

So those are PW engines then? Maybe older versions?

Edited by Raptor.777
1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

Maybe what you saw was one fitted with 'turkey feathers? 

Rare these days, but that's the only thing that makes them look similar. 

file.php?id=31871&sid=6719c7ed1e42a17266

Deliberately picked this pic, as the orange makes sure it is an 15A.

Those look like GE engines.  The turkey feathers are different than the P&W ones.  Also, definitely not an A model.

Edited by Dave Williams