WTB: 1/48 F-106 decals Mass ANG

Hey folks,

I’m trying to find a set of decals for my 1/48 F-106 in the 101st FIS Massachusetts ANG livery. I know Caracal and Experts Choice both did sheets but both are long since out of stock.

I’m hoping someone has an extra sheet they’re willing to part with, doesn’t matter which. Of course I’d buy and pay for shipping.

Thanks in advance 

15 hours ago, Rod D said:

I might have an Experts Choice set in my decal stash.  I will look.  I know I have the Caracal set, but I want to do a Mass ANG bird someday.

Rod.

I hear ya, it’s a good look jet for sure! Fingers crossed 

18 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

I hear ya, it’s a good look jet for sure! Fingers crossed 

I looked and I'm sorry, I don't have that set.  I think I sold it when I started paring down my 1/48 decal stash.

Best of luck in your search.

Rod  

42 minutes ago, Rod D said:

I looked and I'm sorry, I don't have that set.  I think I sold it when I started paring down my 1/48 decal stash.

Best of luck in your search.

Rod  

Thanks for looking, Rod. I missed out on a set on eBay a couple months ago, should’ve pushed a little harder for them I suppose 

If you don't have any luck finding a Caracal or Experts Choice set of decals for a 101 FS, Mass ANG F-106A/B aircraft, I have a 48th Scale Bare Metal Decal set (#48-6) designed for the Monogram kit you can have.  The set includes an extensive collection of numbers so you can make any of one of seven aircraft assigned to the Squadron (including F-106B tail numbers).  The only glitch is that portion of the harpoon on the wing tanks between "Cape" and "Cod" is blue instead of black (a little dab of paint should easily remedy).  Let me know if you would like the set. 

Jim MacGregory

17 hours ago, AFammo65 said:

If you don't have any luck finding a Caracal or Experts Choice set of decals for a 101 FS, Mass ANG F-106A/B aircraft, I have a 48th Scale Bare Metal Decal set (#48-6) designed for the Monogram kit you can have.  The set includes an extensive collection of numbers so you can make any of one of seven aircraft assigned to the Squadron (including F-106B tail numbers).  The only glitch is that portion of the harpoon on the wing tanks between "Cape" and "Cod" is blue instead of black (a little dab of paint should easily remedy).  Let me know if you would like the set. 

Jim MacGregory

Sure, I’ll take them Jim. Pm me with the amount plus shipping. I’ve got Venmo, Zelle and PayPal 

9 hours ago, AFammo65 said:

Send me your address and they are yours gratis. The set dates back to the 1980's so practice on a spare decal before using the specific decals.  My email address is james[dot]macgregory@yahoo[dot]com.

Thanks James, email sent!

11 hours ago, scorvi said:

MA ANG F-106's rule.....I built the old Monogram kit back in the day and used the Bare Metal decals...It was for ana rticel fro SAMI magazine. 

Are you doing the Monogram or Trumpy kit??

Very cool Scorvi!

I’m building the old Revell kit. AFammo65 was kind enough to send me the Bare Metal decals.

I’m in the process of building all the Revell Century series from the F-100 through F-106 in sequential order. I just finished the F-102 last night so it’s on to the F-104 today.

Im also trying to maintain New England based schemes where possible. The F-101 was done in MAINEiacs markings, the -102 in Green Mountain Boys and the -106 eventually in Mass ANG.

On 12/18/2023 at 9:26 AM, AFammo65 said:

Send me your address and they are yours gratis. The set dates back to the 1980's so practice on a spare decal before using the specific decals.  My email address is james[dot]macgregory@yahoo[dot]com.

Thanks so much Jim! They arrived earlier today. I owe you one 👍