2 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Did any of the AM companies ever get round to manufacturing a set of big sponsons for the CH-47 in 1/48?

I’ve been watching for years and still nobody is willing to do it. I approached Reskit earlier this year about doing an MH conversion, which would include the larger fuel tanks, and they basically said there’s not a big enough market for one. Now I’m obviously biased but I have a hard time believing there’s no market. I know we’d all buy several of them to build and stash away but……..

Can't do a proper Canadian CH-147F without them. Mind you we don't require the additional MH stuff. I built mine without them as I was building one for someone else at the same time. The absence is noticeable. I would have some work to switch out the big tanks but think I would still try.

U8tQ49q.jpg

Edited by phantom
16 hours ago, phantom said:

Can't do a proper Canadian CH-147F without them. Mind you we don't require the additional MH stuff. I built mine without them as I was building one for someone else at the same time. The absence is noticeable. I would have some work to switch out the big tanks but think I would still try.

U8tQ49q.jpg

Those are pretty solid attempts, they look sweet in the camo too.

It’s frustrating the void hasn’t been filled yet, we’re not getting any younger. The closest we’ve seen was a guy down in Mexico posted a bunch of pictures here a couple years ago of a resin G conversion kit he was working on with radar nose and enlarged fuel tanks. It seemed shady but I gambled and sent him $105 for a set.

Haven't heard from him since.

3 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

It seemed shady but I gambled and sent him $105 for a set.

Ouch!!  I remember seeing that thread. I thought that one of the reputable guys( Flying Leathernecks??), said he was going to do something but it was probably going to be a year away.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:23 PM, Hooker169 said:

Those are pretty solid attempts, they look sweet in the camo too.

It’s frustrating the void hasn’t been filled yet, we’re not getting any younger. The closest we’ve seen was a guy down in Mexico posted a bunch of pictures here a couple years ago of a resin G conversion kit he was working on with radar nose and enlarged fuel tanks. It seemed shady but I gambled and sent him $105 for a set.

I eventually got one from him but it was an experience for sure.  Never managed to get any instructions for the Italeri kit conversion. 

On 2/27/2024 at 7:15 PM, Hooker169 said:

I approached Reskit earlier this year about doing an MH conversion, which would include the larger fuel tanks, and they basically said there’s not a big enough market for one.

Don't worry, the moment one of the smaller one man operations here in the US announces one, ResKit will "magically" have one in development........

On 2/28/2024 at 3:33 PM, scotthldr said:

Ouch!!  I remember seeing that thread. I thought that one of the reputable guys( Flying Leathernecks??), said he was going to do something but it was probably going to be a year away.

Talked about it, no one sent references, so I let it drop off the list. 

3 hours ago, zerosystem said:

I eventually got one from him but it was an experience for sure.  Never managed to get any instructions for the Italeri kit conversion. 

I’m glad it worked out for you, guy!

You’re one of the lucky few apparently. It’s unfortunate too since it looked like a promising set. Without giving this guy too much undeserved credit, I’m curious as to how it looks in hand?

P.S. I saw your location and couldn’t help myself to extend a “guy” greeting, lol! I worked at Logan for two years and probably heard it a million times!

22 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Don't worry, the moment one of the smaller one man operations here in the US announces one, ResKit will "magically" have one in development........

Talked about it, no one sent references, so I let it drop off the list. 

I’ll tell you what, Dave. You commit to producing a set and I’ll get you references!

All the references you can stand!

On 2/29/2024 at 7:52 PM, Hooker169 said:

I’m glad it worked out for you, guy!

You’re one of the lucky few apparently. It’s unfortunate too since it looked like a promising set. Without giving this guy too much undeserved credit, I’m curious as to how it looks in hand?

P.S. I saw your location and couldn’t help myself to extend a “guy” greeting, lol! I worked at Logan for two years and probably heard it a million times!

Lol no worries on the "guy" thing. 

It's in storage right now with most of my kits but from what I remember it wasn't the greatest.  Mind you I was just happy to get the -G conversion.  There were mold flow lines in alot of the smaller parts, the exhaust extensions especially.  The small strut supports for the exhausts and rescue hook were pretty warped.  I was going to use kit parts for a bunch of it since I have the Italeri -F to start and it had some more of the updated parts included already.  Everything is workable but a little disappointed overall.

9 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Everything is workable but a little disappointed

Well, you got something at the very least, so that’s good. When you get around to building it be sure to post pictures 👍

Well a little burdy told me that the F mods are in the works..... old school resin. To echo Dave yeah if someone shows interest Reskit will do it. For now mums the word to give this a shot. BTW it's not me! Dave would have the plans to print if I was involved. Sorry Dave... but I like your work! Or PHR.... 😂