1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

Thanks for the good words. Zactoman I think I'm too far along to dump rubber, but I have some regrets as to not planning on that if the first place...Oh well.

Construction continues. The lower portion of the fuselage is being built up. First the sections are cut out and placed on the bottom of the fuselage. (Note the sections for the sponsons too.)

lowerfuse48tt.th.jpg

Next structure that will accept the center hard point and sway braces was added.

lowerfuse35kc.th.jpg

Then balsa was used to take op some of the space.

lowerfuse24ot.th.jpg

Then the remaining area is filled with Bondo and the sponson structure is built. The sponsons will be covered with Miliput epoxy putty to get the airfoil shape correct.

lowerfuse11ya.th.jpg

More soon.

Edited by Timmy!
I love to watch your progress reports, Timmy! Congratulations.

Tell me, what is Bondo?

Pierre, for once I can give you an answer to this question, BONDO is a " mastic " used in cars when the carrosserie has to;be repaired. next you have a dent in your car ask your carshop for it..........

Bruno

I love to watch your progress reports, Timmy! Congratulations.

Tell me, what is Bondo?

Thanks Bruno you are right. I will add that there are several different kinds of the stuff. I used a spot glazing putty (two part - there are one part putties but they are not as good). This seems to sand a little better and feather out much better. I'm not sure what names you might find on the other side of the Atlantic, but the type does make a difference.

Timmy!

Though Bondo is the most widely known, I prefer Evercoat (link). It is also a catalyzed polyester glazing putty but seems smoother, creamier, less likely to trap pin-hole bubbles than Bondo...(and the blue catalyst makes it look prettier :cheers: )

:lol:

Edited by Zactoman
  • 1 month later...

Its been a while, not much building time right now. But I did get the nose gear bay complete, at least ready for paint.

Started with the jig I needed to make sure the nose gear will be properly aligned. Brass tubes will accept brass pins that will hold the nose gear in place.

ngearbay97vr.th.jpg ngearbay87pp.th.jpg ngearbay73ps.th.jpg

All the detail next. The upper skin section was built seperately and will be joined once the paint and final details are in place. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

ngearbay61ad.th.jpg ngearbay57wq.th.jpg ngearbay41sc.th.jpg ngearbay39hh.th.jpg ngearbay29oo.th.jpg ngearbay16by.th.jpg

Thanks Darth!

There are other short threads use the search and put in OV-10D+ and you'll see how the booms and wings were built.

I have thought of a book but that will be a ways into the future.

Timmy!

Stunning job Tim. Are you going to take it to KC?

Bill,

I was in my plan a year ago - we'll see if I can get it done. Might have to be the next Nats. Either way the Nats was going to be it debut.

Timmy!