Gulf war 91 display at Cosford museum.

Visted the RAF Cosford museum over the week end.

The museum is excellent and there is a very nice display room with quite a few models in display cases.

One display which really caught my eye was Gulf War 91 display-all model were 1/72nd.

What do you think?

Shaun.

Hawkhornet, the Museum is well worth a visit and entry is free!!

The HAS display was very good, inside the HAS was a MIG-23 in pieces amongst a pile of dust and debris.

The model room is between hanger 2 and 3.

This room links the two hangers and too find it you need to walk behind the tail of the Jaguar not though the corridoor were the toilets are located at the nose of the Jaguar.

There are quite a few display cases, following the history of the RAF.

There are big developments at Cosford :thumbsup: , next year will see the opening of a new cold war hall.

The ground work has been done and contruction of the hall will begin very soon.

Some of the types that are outside now, will come indoors(Vulcan, Victor).

The plans on display in the vistors centre look very intresting and it look like other aircraft types will arrive for the new Cold War display.

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

just to let you know, most of the models there have been built by members of Telford model club. Shaun, i was there Saturday morning with Grant. I also work on the camp, so i see 'the building site' every day! :thumbsup:

There are big developments at Duxford, next year will see the opening of a new cold war hall.

eh? :lol:

Are we talking about Duxford or Cosford? :lol:

I'm confused (happens easily) :lol:

Edited by Nev

Hi Shaun,

I was there on Saturday aswell. That model room was full of great stuff, but I too think your first picture was the best bit.

Were you there getting intimate TSR2 shots, ready for the autumn? :thumbsup:

I know I was. I had forgotten how big that thing is :thumbsup:

:blink:

GM

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for posting the second Chinook pic. Like Phil, that is on my to-do list also. The paint scheme is the big stumbling block. I don't know how the heck to go about replicating it, but it sure looks cool.

Cheers,

BTW what's the best model to use to make an RAF Chinook HC.1?

Shaun,

Italeri's (now Airfix) 1/72nd Chinook is hands down the best CH-47 kit. The fit is fiddely in spots, and detail is lacking in the interior, but the shape is spot on. It also has a lot of the equipment unique to the HC.1 and HC.2 (ECM/RWR antennas and bump).

Cheers,