This is how you stay in the hobby for ages: falling in love with the planes that you build... the feeling that you could just sit there and look at it forever, the feeling of satisfaction of having made something so gorgeous...

anyway, it's my 3rd entry for the group build, yellow hammer decals with some accuracy corrections (thanks to Brian Marbrey for that). Victory 103, "kate's nickel", without the kate's nickel decal.

i used a whole lot of steel beach stuff on this: lantirn set, B update set, FOD covers, FOD covered GE nozzles, drop tanks.

I also tried to detail the pilot's helmets, you can see it in one of the photos below

I made pseudo BOL rails as well from the kit ones; wasn't going for accuracy there, just the impression of BOL rails as they're hidden behind the sidewinders

she's carrying a loadout of 2 X AIM 9s, 1 GBU 12 and 1 JDAM

i tried to keep weathering subtle, but looks like it turned out too subtle, so when i took the photos i took one with flash and one without sometimes, as the one without flash gave a better idea of the weathering and fading on the plane

love these markings... love the plane... WOOT..

• 3 weeks later...

Damn i must have missed this jet..my freind that thing is dead sexy..!!!..R/M kit,or Hase..?..very nice..Ronnie..ps..could you please email me some pics of it..do you have any construction pics..?..if so could you email them to me...thanks..Ronnie

Awesome Tomcat! Colorful Jolly Rogers aircraft always looks great. One small bit of crtitism though, with the canopy closed & aircrew inside, it's unlikely that FOD covers would still be on the intakes & exhausts. They look nice anyway. :thumbsup:

yep.. i've mentioned it before. it was an afterthought - i didn't plan well. i put the pilots in last minute because the cockpit detail needed some covering up, but forgot to take out the FOD covered stuff

as for construction pics.. sure.. give me some time.. a week? :D