my anti-AMS build.....

hi folks!

well ive been feeling a bit run down with my modeling, so i needed a remidy to Advanced Modeler Syndrome. i needed a break from 1/144, as much as i love it, variety is the spice of life!!!

ive been wanting to build a j-10 for along time, and picked up the trumpeter kit yesterday.

I am doign this OOB with exeption of the cockpit, as the kits decals are way oversized!! adn unusable

the tub fits nicely and will need verry little filler. i sexed up the seat with tape belts and plastic buckles. i can inform yo uthat my consel technique for 144 transfers over well to 1/72!!! i will make the instrument panel tommorow and add the HOTAS.

hope you guys like this. it snothign amazing, but shoudl fit the bill hopefully!!!

i can see myself buyign this kit again!

regards

Raymond

Edited by Raymond

hey guys

well i completed the main assembly today and finished the cockpit.

i just spiced up the instrument panel a little bit. i admittidly its a lil rough, but it looks fine for scale, since im just building this one for fun, i diddnt want to get bogged down!!

the cockpit fits fine into the frame, and jsut needs a lil holding together for a snug fit.

most of the major assemblys go together well, but there are small gaps in most places. there are big gaps at the wing root joins, and the nose is undersize slightly, so keep an eye out for it!!

the joints are pretty tricky between the wing/fuselauge/ verticle tail, but nothign horrendous.

so far nothing to horrid form this kit, jsut needs a lil putty and some sanding, and 'bobs ur uncle!

trumpeters plastic responds verry well to tamiya cement, and i got rock-hard mates between all parts.

OOB you coudl really build this kit in a weekend, and woudl be easily managable for younger modeler. Th estyle of this kit reminds me of Academy 1/72 kits in regards to plastic, detail and fit.

hope your enjoying this guys, im enjoying being the guinee pig!

:cheers:

:worship:

Raymond