Latest Project-1/32 Tamiya A6M5 Type 52 Mitsubishi

Gents,

My latest project completed. Tamiya 1/32 A6M5 Type 52 Zero in the markings of a Mitsubishi Type 52 from the 721st Kokutai, Japan 1945. I added the ignition wire and cylinder baffles to the engine, tweaked the carbirator with a few scratch built items. Resin seat with molded on harness, Moskit exhausts, wiring for the various control panels in the cockpit, resin wheels. I reworked the gun sight to represent the type 98 by replacing the reflector glass with clear styrene and adding a filter to the front glass section using Tamiya smoke, I also added an after bead sight and re-arranged the forward cross hair sight. All national markings were airbrushed including the painted out white outer rings with a dark green, tail codes and port side fuselage serial stencil is from Aeromaster. Paints were Tamiya including aluminum undecoat. Photography expertly done by Steve Bamford.

Comments welcome.

zero2.jpg

zero9.jpg

zero6.jpg

Picture507.jpg

zero4.jpg

zero3.jpg

zero5.jpg

Thanks again to Steve for taking the pics.

Thanks for looking.

Brad

Hey Brad,what can be said about your Zero...you big "show-off".... ;)

A most superb job,there is no doubt about that.

Could you perhaps tell me what color/colors you used for the prop.?

Sincerely;

Paul T

A most superb job,there is no doubt about that.

Could you perhaps tell me what color/colors you used for the prop.?

Sincerely;

Paul T

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much. Yup I sure can; I used Red-Brown mixed with a bit of dark brown over top of AS-12. Just a couple of drops of the dark brown was all.

HTH

Brad

Show off?

He'd be a show off if he took shots of all the awards he won with that kit. But I bet Steve didn't have a wide angle lens to fit them all in.

Fantastic build Brad! Are the markings painted on or decals? It certainly deserves every award you've won.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Just the National Markings (Hinomuru's) were painted. The tail codes markings, stencil and walkways were decals.

Cheers and thanks

Brad

Hey Brad,what can be said about your Zero...you big "show-off".... :wave:

Show off?

He'd be a show off if he took shots of all the awards he won with that kit. But I bet Steve didn't have a wide angle lens to fit them all in.

Thanks Hawkhornet and Gary,

Gary, I think the owners of the B-17 and Hind stole the show, plus there were some very nice 1/72 scale aircraft too, and I think your 1/48 Scooter was awesome...for a jet that is ;)

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Brad-M
Stunning attention to detail, Brad. The engine looks so real. Did I see this model at the RMMC show?

Hi Mike,

Not sure you saw mine, but I sure saw your B-17G. Very interesting bomber, as I didn't know there was a Patches II. Your decals are superb by the way. It was a great show and a great display of models too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Brad

Not sure you saw mine, but I sure saw your B-17G. Very interesting bomber, as I didn't know there was a Patches II. Your decals are superb by the way. It was a great show and a great display of models too.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. There was a 1/32 Zero at the contest, for some reason I thought it was yours. Anyway, judging from the photos I'm sure it's won its fair share of awards. Luvverly.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. There was a 1/32 Zero at the contest, for some reason I thought it was yours. Anyway, judging from the photos I'm sure it's won its fair share of awards. Luvverly.

Hi Mike,

Yes it was mine you saw at the show. I am very happy with how it ended up. Thanks for the compliments.

All the Best

Brad