Hasegawa 1/72 F-16A Top Gun Viper

Completed 19/06/2005

After spraying the Xtracolor #124, I removed the Maskol, and touched up a few areas with a brush. Then I reapplied the Maskol for the Grey. After an hour I sprayed the Xtracrlix #XA1135, and left to cure overnight. On removing the Maskol the next day I found the Acrylic paint did not seperate cleanly leaving flakes behind around the lines of demarcation. Using a soft toothbrush I rubbed off these flakes and touched up where necessary. I have come to the following conclusion - Maskol is great for large areas, but not very controllable for accurate demarcation. I will use Masking tape or Blutac in future.

After the cleanup/touchups were finished, I applied a few light coats of Klear ready for decal application. The application of the Two Bobs went without a hitch, and took about an hour in total (this was only due to some mutli-part decals). After cleaning the model another few coats of Klear were applied, and a panel wash of Humbrol #32 applied. Cleanup of the panel wash was followed by a final coat of Pollyscale Flat Varnish.

After removal of the masking from the canopy and tailpipe, I glued on the landing gear, doors, the foward fuselage pitots and the tail.

HS_F16A_001_004.jpg

HS_F16A_001_005.jpg

HS_F16A_001_006.jpg

HS_F16A_001_007.jpg

HS_F16A_001_008.jpg

HS_F16A_001_009.jpg

and a final group shot of the four of seven Top Gun vipers from the Twobobs sheet.

HS_F16A_001_010.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Nice Viper Andy!  What did you paint the burner cans with?  I've got the Two Bobs sheet as well and have a few Revell 1/72 F-16s to try the schemes on!

Thanks

Rob

Rob, the cans were done with Alclad II. Started with primer, then Aluminimum, Steel and then Jet Exhaust. The area behind the petals were tinted with a light coat of Pale Burnt Metal. They were finished off with a wash of Tamiya Smoke.