How to make snow??

I the next month or so. I going to building Hartmann "white 1" (think thats what called) I would like to make a base/diorama for it with snow on the ground. Whats the ways to make snow!

Hi,

Try white chalk rubbed over a fine file. Just hold it above the diorama and it will'snow' down .

The humidity in the air will make the chalk stick to any surface.

I did this one years ago and nothig has fallen of since.

:unsure:

Just make sure, it doesn´t catch too much dust, cleaning these will be tricky :unsure:

For dioramas like these, you will be better off with a displaycase or something similar.

Looks mighty fine!

Well, I do it a bit different and paint the surface with flat white acrylics and use a rough textured surface to simulate dry cold snow. Snow can look very different in every scene: crystaline, shiny, glitterstuff and all that, but during cold winters like at the eastern front, it can be dead flat and dry.

István

The woodland Scnics snow is excellent ,

Its basiclly very finely ground plastic dust , stcks well wih PVA or Spray mount , it's a lot more stable that the "biological" approaches such as bicarb/starch/flour that I've seen used in the past

The attached photo shows a section of a diorama I built a couple of years ago, the white stuff in the corners is the woodland scenics snow

diosmall.jpg

I just added some thinned down PVA and then sprinkled it in

Its supposed to be somewhere in Germany early spring 1945

try using an artificial sweetener! Like Sweet & Low! Its really a chemical and bugs won't touch it! :thumbsup:

It has the "crystalized" look like real snow and you can seal it with Future.

Here's an article I submitted to this site a while back.

P51 Diorama