Something for the Canucks

The pictures look good but, under fuselage missle rails?????????? I didn't think that the 104 had any. Its' NATO role was first nuclear strike and then recon, not air to air. Just my humble thought.

Oh, well, they're on now!

The pictures look good but, under fuselage missle rails??????????  I didn't think that the 104 had any.  Its' NATO role was first nuclear strike and then recon, not air to air.  Just my humble thought.

Oh, well, they're on now!

I can't see any missile rails!! And i don't think they operated in the air to air role. As far i know the nuclear device was hung under the wing with a balancing fueltank under the other.

The colour seems a little to light. Norway inherited 22 of these aircraft in 1972 and they were very dark. But i think they were resprayed at Prestwic, probably with a darker hue.

Excellent!

What colors did you use and how did you paint em'? air, brush etc

Thanks

Andrew

CF-104 Forever............................

Main green colour was as called out by Hasegawa (it's an FS number "Marine Green"). Sprayed through my new Iwata HP-C!

Nice job, Graham. Hard to beat the F-104 on looks.

:cheers:

I don't see the underfuselage missle rails either, which is good as Canada never used them although other Nato countries did.

Just for the record, the Nukes on CF-104's were carried on the centerline station so the underwing stations could be used for extra gas to get to the target. Getting back from the target wasn't a topic that was high on the priority list.

Cheers,

I don't see the underfuselage missle rails either, which is good as Canada never used them although other Nato countries did.

Damn! I'll have to see if I can get it off & fill the holes without spoiling the paint job. Not an expert on the F104. :crying:

Damn! I'll have to see if I can get it off & fill the holes without spoiling the paint job. Not an expert on the F104. :cheers:

Graham,

You'll have to point me in the right direction here because from what I can see in the two photos you posted you don't have the rails on your model!

BTW, whose decals did you use and do you have any more pictures?

Cheers,

As others have posted the CF-104 didn't carry the under fuselage missile rails, the c/l pylon was the standard belly config. During alerts in Baden one squadron was tasked with the air to air role with 350 rounds of 20mm, the a/c would also be loaded with 3 BL755's but they would be punched off prior to any air combat.

Jari

Damn! I'll have to see if I can get it off & fill the holes without spoiling the paint job. Not an expert on the F104. :D

Graham,

You'll have to point me in the right direction here because from what I can see in the two photos you posted you don't have the rails on your model!

BTW, whose decals did you use and do you have any more pictures?

Cheers,

No, the rails weren't on when I took the shots. Decals are from the kit.

:cheers: