G'day gentlemen,

Thank you for showing interest in this subject!

This kit was built OOB from 1/48 Hasegawa Viper,SRS reinforcement plates scratch built from plastic card.

Jet was painted using Gunze Sanyo thinner base paint IAW -23. I used mixture of 80%thinner 20% paint for 4 coats then increase mixture to 90% thinner 10% paint for 2 coats.Finally, increase to 100% thinner for final coat, but, you've to be critical about how much to shoot! Too much thinner on one area cause paint to run.

Stored jet in airtight container for curing. I kept for 2-4 days. No gloss coat required!

For the turkey feathers, I used Studio 27 carbon decal A (S) ST27-FP0002. Can be order from Hobbylink Japan. I cutted decal to 7x16mm, soaked in h2o, then applied to turkey feather, removed all air bubbles & h2o, trimmed decal to turkey feather shape with new blade, applied Mr Mark Softer, blowed dry with hairdryer & you 'll see decal form to shape. After completing the exhaust, I found it looked very metallic, so I sprayed it with mixture of clear flat & smoke to reduce the metallic look. Thank you again!

Andrew.

When doing spin tests, a spin recovery drogue parachute is used to ensure recovery from a spin. It is mortar-fired from a canister mounted at the rear of the aircraft with a series of struts.

Here is a pic of the SRS on an F-16XL:

Quick question...how did you make that paint stand that it is sitting on, or did you buy it? Looks like a pretty damn good idea :cheers:.

G'day James,

The paint stand you mentioned which I called, jig, was built from plastic card, rod & 'I' beam. Thank you!

Andrew.

When doing spin tests, a spin recovery drogue parachute is used to ensure recovery from a spin. It is mortar-fired from a canister mounted at the rear of the aircraft with a series of struts.

Here is a pic of the SRS on an F-16XL:

So I take it you're doing the Viper they did the spin recovery tests on then? :P