Digital Camera

:D Hi all,

OK, I got my bonus from the job.I need Your advice to buy a digital photo camera,yes, to shoot pics of my modells.From my internetprovider I got some webspace.But what camera to buy?I hope You all can help me.Reg. Han from Holland, :cheers:

:D Hi all,

OK, I got my bonus from the job.I need Your advice to buy a digital photo camera,yes, to shoot pics of my modells.From my internetprovider I got some webspace.But what camera to buy?I hope You all can help me.Reg. Han from Holland, :cheers:

Hoi Han,

I'll say buy the Canon Powershot!

Fijne feestdagen!

Truly a loaded questions as you can spend form $99 USD up to 3,000 USD.

Figure out your budget first and then look for a camera that fits your needs best. Andy's recommendation of DP Review is excellent. It's a great site.

Me, I'm a Canon shooter and have been for a long time. They make great equipment, in particular excellent glass in the DSLR arena.

Good luck!

As the resident electronics salesman here, I agree with most here, the Canon S2-IS and S1-IS are really nice cameras, I've used the S1 at home, I'm no photographer, but some of the pics taken with it are amazing. A friend at work has used the S2 to great effect too. A cheaper alternative is the Canon "A" series, like the A-610, A-520 and A-510. I currently own a Sony DSC-P92 5 Mp and I am not all too crazy about it.

OK,thx for all your respons.I have bought a I am a spammer....please report this post. Lumix DMC-FZ5EG-k with a black body and .....it has a Leica lens.12 x optical zoom,very nice camera.And it was cheaper then the Canon S2 series.

Reg. Han

I am a spammer....please report this post. Lumix DMC-FZ5EG-k

A friend of mine uses a camera from that series. It is amazing for aviation photography for two reasons - the long optical zoom, and it captures blue skies better than any camera I've tried. If this version has the anti-shake, I think you'll love using it. If it doesn't, you'll still be fine on brighter days when you can use higher shutter speeds.

I know your original request didn't include aviation photography, but when you see what this camera can do I think you'll be hooked... :thumbsup: Congrats on the purchase!

WB

Hi Han!

I assume, you also (or mainly) would like to take pictures of your models. In this area you have to face 3 challenges: light, depth of focus and the (small) distance between lens and object (macro photography).

For lighting you need the opportunity to use one or more adjustable flashes controlled by the camera, which therefore need a standard adapter-shoe for the master flash.

For depth of focus you need to have manual settings for shutter speed and aperture and a mounting for a stable tripod.

For macro-photography you need a lens which allows you to move very close to your model.

All three criteria are present normally only in SLR cameras. For decent reviews see: http://www.dpreview.com/

The camera I use is a Canon EOS300D, which is called Canon Rebel in anglo-american countries. Photos taken with you will find here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64376

happy X-mas :D