And yes here is my contribution to the Group Build. Revell's 1:48 F-15E with Eduard PE and SOL AMRAAM set.

First pic shows what i gonna use along with the kit.

Overig001.jpg

And here are the first in progress pics. I changed the Launchers from the old type to the new LAU-129 ones. Launchers came from the SOL set.

pylon001.jpg

pylon002.jpg

Stay tuned...

Ok thanks. Now i have to order it here in Holland cause my local shop doesn't have the AS type spray can from Tamiya. Oh well not a big problem.

Ok here is some new progress.

I have the Eduard PE and i started to detail the seats a bit. Here is the back side of the seats. The right one is the updated one with a new square rod on the top.

cockpit001.jpg

I also started working on the tanks to represent them as WRM Tanks. I cut off the back...

weapon001.jpg

And glued some plasticard at the back and closed it...

weapon002.jpg

Result is very satisfying.

Well that's it for know. I'm gonna finish another project first before i continue on this one.

Stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

And back with some updates.

Cause the F-15E has wool seat cover i covered my seats with sanding paper to replicate this. Fixed with double sided tape and glue.

cockpit002.jpg

Pylons were fixed on the CFT's.

fuselage001.jpg

And last pic shows the state of the wheels.

gear001.jpg

That's it for now.

Gonna finish up my other projects first they are almost ready.

Stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...

More progress,

Put the intake together and placed thme in side the fuselage. After that, the 2 two big fuselage parts were added. I also added the wings to it. Everything i drying now.

fuselage002.jpg

Some work was done to the instrumentpanels, I touchup the grey and painted the screens with clear green and red.

cockpit003.jpg

Wheels were painted, Nato black and matt white.

gear002.jpg

And for last the weapons. This are the things i'm putting on the bird, the tanks and AIM-120's aren't in the pic. Bombs were all from the Hasegawa weapon sets, so is the Lantirn system.

weapon003.jpg

That's it for now. Next time i will have a pic of the seats with the painted sanding paper that replicates the wool seat cover.

Stay tuned...

More progress, but slow progress.

Almost completed the Cockpit, need some touch up at some areas

cockpit004.jpg

cockpit005.jpg

Here are the seats. The wool seat covers are painted and the Eduard PE seatbelts are added.

cockpit006.jpg

And i also added the Eduard PE on the canopy rail, 1 small item is still left for installing.

cockpit007.jpg

Stay tuned...

And build some more.

I finally got the tube in the fuselage, glued the two front halves together and after a while i glued them to the back. Starting to look like a Strike Eagle now. The Lantirn System was added. Next up are the intakes and CFT's. The vertical tails will be added after they are painted and decalled. The almost leave no seam when i dryfitted them.

fuselage003.jpg

Work on the Landing gear started also. Some modifications were made to the Nose wheel landing gear, the anit shimmy bar was added.

gear003.jpg

The exhaust was painted on the inside, also the two Eduard PE pieces were added for the back side of the engine.

engine001.jpg

Then i started gleuing the 18 pieces off the nozzle together. I really like them, only need some paint.

engine002.jpg

That's it for now.

Stay tuned..

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh Update:

Painted the nozzle and weathered them. I painted the inside white and the outside with iron(Revell 91). Then i did some Tamiya Smoke for weahtering on it, first only the inside but i didn't like the look of the Revell 91 on the nozzle so i gave the exterior some Tamiya Smoke to. The looked more realistic then before the smoke.

engine003.jpg

On the model

engine004.jpg

I also worked on the weapons. The bombs were painted:

weapon005.jpg

And the SOL AMRAAM's got there fins attached. I have to tell you, they really need a lot of attention. And now the other one has to be done also, but for know the one finished constructing looks nice:

weapon006.jpg

That's it for now, hopefully my paint for this bird arrives this week.

Stay tuned...

• 4 weeks later...

Long time since i posted a update. Progress is slow. But here goes.

Almost finished preparing the plane for his paint. Worked on the cockpit, painted it and installed the Hud. The support of the hud is from Eduard and the glass section is from the kit with the molded support sanded off. The nose landing gear is fixed to the plane cause it couldn't be mounted after the paintjob, wanteds to but gave some troubles at my end. The main gear isn't attached, the main wheels are not glued so i can rotate them to place them in the right position. Formation lightpanels are placed and are from Eduard. Tail and Engines aren't glued yet, after the paint they will.

fuselage004.jpg

And here are the weapons, The SOL AIM-120's are both finished constructing, one i almost painted up and ready for decals. The sidewinders come from the kit and they have putty in there mounting holes cause they were visible when placed on the SOL LAU-128 launchers.

weapon007.jpg

This is it for now,

Stay tuned..

Viper,

I am still new to the hobby of jet modeling. Please get some pics of the way you will paint the 15e with the gear completed. I waited on mine and the gear was a nightmare to put on. I enjoyed this kit SO much I am going to start another this week. Any advice from the forum would be welcomed as well about this subject! Thanks!!

I'm gonna spray paint it with Tamiya AS-10 Ocean Grey. The main landing gear will be put on after paintjob, it's not fixed yet. The area's that don't need the Ocean Grey will be masked off. I will post pics of the paint progress when i get to that :worship:

Ok have completed he mayor paint job of the bird.

This is how it looked in the weekend. It took me a long time to mask everything off, it wasn't easy with latex gloves on.

fuselage005.jpg

Yesterdayevening a started spraying it with Tamiya AS-10 Ocean Grey. It was my first time using spraypaint. And i was very scared that i ruined the model. But it's now sitting on the table and i must say that i'm really amazed of how it turned out. The finish goes far beyond my expectations. Especially cause this was my first time tamiya spraypaint. But not the last time i'm sure off that. Only thing i have to repaint is the tails i think, be i have to see that later. Here are the pics.

fuselage006.jpg

fuselage007.jpg

Now i really want to finish this bird as soon as possible.

Stay tuned...

Thanks. THis week i finished painting up the details. After this covering the bird up in Future and i started decalling the bird.

Some teasers:

Decals001.jpg

Decals002.jpg

I really like the Two Bobs decals. The yellow stripes on the tails curves nicely around the antenna at the back with microsol.

Next pics will be of the Finished product :banana:

Stay tuned...

• 3 weeks later...