My Jet with a new paint job!

Well My (well, the U.S. Citizens :banana: ) A-10 recently returned from depot after getting a SLEP wing. After a acceptance inspection from hell, I got it to fly today. Well, after a lot of hard work from a lot of folks, It flew a Code 1 FCF!

Here is an overall shot,

P1010001copy.jpg

And here is a close up of the nose with my ladder door art and the crew name block (the names in grease pencil are two guys that really went above and beyond to get my jet fixed)

P1010004copy.jpg

Thanks for indulging me! :D

Craig

That is a stunning machine. I am presently working on the Trumpeter 1/32 A-10 and would like to ask a favour, if this is possible. I have been looking for a copy of the cockpit arrangement drawing for the A-20. I want to reproduce the side consoles digitally for my model - I had great success in doing thsi with my F-4C. However, I cannot byt the Don Logan book. Can you help me out? Do you have a reasonably good scan of the cockpit arrangement drawings and is this permissable?

thanks in anticipation

Tom - in sunny, wet Scotland (where we se very few A-10's these days)

Yeah it was a long time in depot it left in may and came back the end of Nov. Plus it was the acceptance insp from He** a lot of work went in to it. There were quite a few problems that would take forever to talk about!!!

Tomas I don't go back to work until Tuesday send me a PM on Monday and I will try to get copys of the T.O. panel arrangement.

Craig

Actually, technically, it should be a St. Louis Rams logo...they're the only real team in the NFL :taunt: :P.

Uh-oh, I just opened one hell of a can of worms, didn't I :D.

Anyway, great looking jet, and I especially like your artwork on the boarding ladder door :banana:.

(the names in grease pencil are two guys that really went above and beyond to get my jet fixed)

Be sure to tell your people that their work appears to us to be thoroughly professional. It never ceases to amaze me, how much quality the military and the American people get out of our underpaid and overworked service personnel, who often are essentially doing this in their 'spare time.'

There may be a pilot's name above yours, but no one will argue, it's YOUR jet.

Looks good Craig.

BTW, I built that one from the Two Bob's sheet in 1/72 a few years back. The prints too small to see whose name is on it though.

Edited by volzj
There may be a pilot's name above yours, but no one will argue, it's YOUR jet.

Looks good Craig.

BTW, I built that one from the Two Bob's sheet in 1/72 a few years back. The prints too small to see whose name is on it though.

Thanks!!! I really like your A-10!! When that sheet was released it had our former Commander and my former ACC.

I wish I had taken more shots of it when it was Euro one and freshly painted, to me that was my favorite scheme!

Thanks again!!