CT-155 Hawk and CT-114 Snowbird

Here are two Canadian types. One very old another fairly new. THe Snowbird was built with the new Hobbycraft kit using Belcher Bits decals......not an easy build but I made it as quick as possible. Send some in progress pics later!

The Hawk is from the Airfix release. THe decals for this kit are awful but Mike Grant's nice set is OOP and Model Alliance decals are way to expensive and may have some accuracy issues. It was another quick build with not too much effort for detail and scratch building. Just wanted to have these two types in my collection. I do have 1 more of each to build, where I while display gear down and get into more detail and correct the flaws in each kit.

HAZER

I am running out of room in my display case, so I'm starting to build kits with gear up and on stands so they can be displayed over my kits the have gear down. Doubles the display area....and lets face it, some planes just look better with gear up ie: Rafale!

Nice jobs Hazer.

I like the idea of the Snowbird in flight up there in its element. I have seen them twice now (every few years they come down here to Pensacola for a planning session) but both times we had a tropical disturbance on its way in and the weather was really rotten. Looking forward to seeing them this next time. Hopefully they will have one of those sunny days the "Sunshine State" is supposed to be known for!!

Great job on the birds!!

Very nice Derek. I'm glad to see that there is a strong interest in Canadian aircraft. Many years ago when I was just getting back into the plastic models, I attended a model show (in Canada) and one of the individuals who seemed to have a great looking something or other struck up a conversation and I mentioned that I wanted to do Canadian aircraft. The verbal BS that I took that day turned me off of that particular group and I've never gone back.

We've got a lot to be proud of and guys like you do a good job of showing it off.

Barney http://www.barneysairforce.com