F-86 Belly Landing During the Heritage Conference

Crap happens. We all forget to do stuff sometimes. If Snort ever offered me a ride in a jet he was flying in the future, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

This is old news, there was another thread about it a day or so after it happened I think.

"gotchas" happen to the best of us, regardless of the vocation or activity. Those of us that are lucky get to learn from it and move on.

Do it once, and believe me you'll never forget to lower the gear again!

Vince

Apparently, from what I've read elsewhere, this was the third time. However, I have been unable to find information on the previous two incidents. Anybody know any details?

Old pilot's saying -

"There are those who have landed wheels up, and theer are those who are going to..."

Most of us just wince - "There but for fortune....." So not many stones cast or criticisms uttered

And yes, I AM one of the former. In my case deliberate, best option with a crippled plane, years ago. However - I very nearly did it again, just six weeks back. Beautiful day, lovely flight, mind in neutral, thumb you know where. Abbreviated circuit, short finals , then that sudden 'orrible feeling that something isn't right- and my hand was going for the gear handle just as the horn went off. (Honest guv) Aeroplanes still bite.

" My word, don't the firemen look tall today." (or the other old one about taxi-ing of course.)