Quick Question about 2008 Nats

OK, we know that '07 will be in SoCal, and we also know that the official announcement about the 2008 convention won't be made until this year's convention, but I'm curious: does anyone have any information on what chapters may have put in a bid for the '08 convention? I know that, provided all is in alignment with the universe, the rotation for '08 should put the convention back east again. However, if I remember my IPMS rules correctly, if an Eastern chapter doesn't put in a bid, the field is once again wide open. Just curious if anyone has any info.

Also, if this question can't be answered in public at this point, I completely understand. Just curious...and hopeful that it might be a bit closer. I missed out on Virginia Beach a couple of years back, and I still kick myself, as I could have driven to that one with a van full of completed models. ;)

Rumor I heard was Orlando was thnking about bidding but thats it. And yes I do believe it goes out to anyone to bid on if no one in the specific region wants it like what happened in the west a few years ago.

Jim

I can't speak for anyone on an official basis, but a number of people and groups that made up the team for the 1999 Nationals in Orlando is considering making a bid for 2008 if things fall into place :woo:

Hitch

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

TORONTO in 2008!!!!!!! :)

Highest ratio of ARCers within a 100km radius (with the possible exception of Calgary Alberta)

Real beer.

Lower dollar (='s more models)

I'd love to see one or more of the Michigan groups bid.

Heck, we're lucky to get enough people to volunteer to be club officers (I've rotated offices since our club was founded in '97.) If we didn't have the Air Zoo providing a contest venue, we wouldn't be able to afford to put on a contest at all.

Steve Nelson

President, IPMS Kalamazoo

Edited by Steve N
Heck, we're lucky to get enough people to volunteer to be club officers (I've rotated offices since our club was founded in '97.) If we didn't have the Air Zoo providing a contest venue, we wouldn't be able to afford to put on a contest at all.

Steve Nelson

President, IPMS Kalamazoo

I still think Indy should host 08...lets start a rumor :explode:

I'll be hiding in a undisclosed location now :cheers::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

"Indy in '08"...sorta has a nice ring to it.

OK...rumor officially started.....

Just realized that since our son is stationed at Pendleton, the odds of me attending nats '07 is looking VERY good! YAHOO!

Good to go,

Jim

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

TORONTO in 2008!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Highest ratio of ARCers within a 100km radius (with the possible exception of Calgary Alberta)

Real beer.

Lower dollar (='s more models)

Might be a problem to host the US Nationals in a non-US city, but between you and me, I agree with you 100%.