Academy 1/48 CH-46 Phrog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, for the rotor heads. As you can tell she is FINALLY coming a long. The belts are simple, just tape and styrene, but I am impressed with the way they have turned out. As usual, any advice from the real deal is appreciated. Well, enjoy....

82b78d45.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

Looking good so far. I like that preshading on the interior. Adds kinda a shadow effect, which seems right to me on the inside of a parked helo. I gotta get going on mine. Let's see some more.

Chuck

• 1 month later...

Nice build Jim!

Looks like you may have had a little trouble with the decals silvering in the one right tail shot.

More than likely not your fault, I heard Academy's decals are notorious for silvering in spots even if a decent gloss coat is applied.

Brian,

I got a good sun shot at it this morning with my dad, and it pee'ed me off. They waited to silver until the wash to show their true colors. Great kit, though. I am eyeing the -53, but I have GB's to work on now. Thanks, and glad to see your business is continuing to prosper. After Alabama's football season this year, someone needs to....

Roll Tide....soon?

-Jim